Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

workout.gif

Morgan during his medical today...

His jiggling is almost hypnotic

Here's the thing about sell on value though

He's 27 now

If he stays here for 5 years and is a big time player for us who helps us win things, won't that make up for the fact we might not make our money back on selling him?

I mean, one top four finish will offset that loss on its own

Think positive folks!

Crazy thought here mikey

how about we sign players to make us better and don't plan to sell them?! haha

I don't get this thought process of re sale value, i'm with you on it. we sign a player to improve us, that is it. If we don't make 22 million back on him but win a trophy and/or move up the league then money well spent.

Here's the thing about sell on value though

He's 27 now

If he stays here for 5 years and is a big time player for us who helps us win things, won't that make up for the fact we might not make our money back on selling him?

I mean, one top four finish will offset that loss on its own

Think positive folks!

We live in a post-sell on fee Everton now Mikey.

Crazy thought here mikey

how about we sign players to make us better and don't plan to sell them?! haha

I don't get this thought process of re sale value, i'm with you on it. we sign a player to improve us, that is it. If we don't make 22 million back on him but win a trophy and/or move up the league then money well spent.
Ash talking sense?? What have you done Everton?!

We've been mugged off by United on the fee - It's a sellers market at the moment. We mugged City off over Stones. Newcastle mugged Liverpool off over Wijnaldum. Juve mugged Man United off over Pogba etc. etc. I personally happen to think £22m for such an experienced well proven player with his best years ahead of him is a good price.
He wont bring us a sell on fee worthy of the name - You don't know that, for starters. But 27-32 should be the prime years of any centre midfielders career. If he is a quality player for us over the next 5 years, and helps us to be successful, that service pays for itself.
We needed positions further up the pitch filled before this position - Welcome to your opinion but I completely disagree. Replacing Barry is our no.1 priority in my eyes. A player we've relied on to set the tone of our play, but who as he slows down is dragging our entire team down the pitch. Obviously we need attacking reinforcements, but all the signs are pointing towards us buying players in that area too.
In all likelihood the fee will come from a major sale in the summer. - Again, you don't know that. I guess you are basing this off the Stones saga, even though I don't think you'll find one Evertonian who doesn't now think that was a fantastic deal for the club. Our new men in charge say there is money available, and I have no reason to doubt them so far.
No mate, I dont KNOW. That's why I stated they were CONCERNS.

To be fair, if he's still the same player that left Southampton he's better than the majority of the midfielders in our squad excl Gueye IMO. We should deffo do our business in order of availability ahead of what is immediately required since there's going to be a complete overhaul anyway.
All about opinions mate. Mine is we've now gotten ourselves into an unwanted habit of paying premium fees for non-premium players...and if we add Depay to Bolassie and Schneiderlin it'll conform it in my mind.

They are legitimate concerns Dave, ones that can be applied to every transfer we have done and will do in the future, however you are focusing specifically on the negative possibilities whilst not allowing for the possibilities that this transfer could be hugely successful, it's all speculative and maybe your just naturally cynical whereas most of the fan base see this optimistically...
How have I done that when I've already stated that I can see he has quality and can ad something to the midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back