Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont know what the commotion is here. Here's what I think (and have STATED so far) about Schneiderlin:

He has good quality and will add something to the CM
...however...
We've been mugged off by United on the fee
He wont bring us a sell on fee worthy of the name
We needed positions further up the pitch filled before this position
In all likelihood the fee will come from a major sale in the summer.

How can that be seen as hostile or my not having legitimate concerns?
I wouldn't say we have been mugged off at all I would say a very fair price for a very good player in his prime years
Sell on fee is irrelevant its what he does when he is on the pitch, we need to focus on the here and now! If we sell him for 5m in 3-4 years but he helps us achieve consistent European football with a trophy as well then its money well spent.
The major sale in the summer will be Lukaku but that seems inevitable regardless how much we spend now. That will be more with Lukaku wanting away rather us wanting/needing to sell him.

I wouldn't say we have been mugged off at all I would say a very fair price for a very good player in his prime years
Sell on fee is irrelevant its what he does when he is on the pitch, we need to focus on the here and now! If we sell him for 5m in 3-4 years but he helps us achieve consistent European football with a trophy as well then its money well spent.
The major sale in the summer will be Lukaku but that seems inevitable regardless how much we spend now. That will be more with Lukaku wanting away rather us wanting to sell him.
No mate, it isn't irrelevant at all. You've just seen one of the richest clubs in the world haggle with Everton to get their cash back off Schneiderlin. That is how football operates...and that's certainly how it operates for a club like ours.

Lukaku will go to cover these purchases. Something you seem to accept, tbf,

Only compared as being overlooked by a manager and left on the bench and you know it.

Once again,says anything to win an argument.
No, you compared it because they were the same fee...which of course only served to underline my point that we did not get that type of quality you expect off a £22M signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back