Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, it isn't irrelevant at all. You've just seen one of the richest clubs in the world haggle with Everton to get their cash back off Schneiderlin. That is how football operates...and that's certainly how it operates for a club like ours.

Lukaku will go to cover these purchases. Something you seem to accept, tbf,
When am at the game I don't look at players and think 'He's boss him but I wonder how much we will sell him for in 2020'

I am not Roms biggest fan as you may know so I would accept it, but the point is I don't think the club will want or need to sell him, it will be the player wanting to go.

So if anyone has concerns about a signing and doesn't go all happy clappy that's a gimmick?

Ok.
As long as you understand. Now start subtlety trying to weave references to music hall acts into your tro...legitimate concerns and you will be an hero.

No, you compared it because they were the same fee...which of course only served to underline my point that we did not get that type of quality you expect off a £22M signing.

Thats not how I read it in all honesty. Maybe you've just interpreted his point wrong Dave.

I dont know what the commotion is here. Here's what I think (and have STATED so far) about Schneiderlin:

He has good quality and will add something to the CM
...however...
We've been mugged off by United on the fee
He wont bring us a sell on fee worthy of the name
We needed positions further up the pitch filled before this position
In all likelihood the fee will come from a major sale in the summer.

How can that be seen as hostile or my not having legitimate concerns?

We've been mugged off by United on the fee - It's a sellers market at the moment. We mugged City off over Stones. Newcastle mugged Liverpool off over Wijnaldum. Juve mugged Man United off over Pogba etc. etc. I personally happen to think £22m for such an experienced well proven player with his best years ahead of him is a good price.
He wont bring us a sell on fee worthy of the name - You don't know that, for starters. But 27-32 should be the prime years of any centre midfielders career. If he is a quality player for us over the next 5 years, and helps us to be successful, that service pays for itself.
We needed positions further up the pitch filled before this position - Welcome to your opinion but I completely disagree. Replacing Barry is our no.1 priority in my eyes. A player we've relied on to set the tone of our play, but who as he slows down is dragging our entire team down the pitch. Obviously we need attacking reinforcements, but all the signs are pointing towards us buying players in that area too.
In all likelihood the fee will come from a major sale in the summer. - Again, you don't know that. I guess you are basing this off the Stones saga, even though I don't think you'll find one Evertonian who doesn't now think that was a fantastic deal for the club. Our new men in charge say there is money available, and I have no reason to doubt them so far.

Just for the record, I have absolutely no issue with the signing of Schneiderlin. I think that he is a strong signing that improves an area that needed improving. His past performances would suggest to me that he can offer us more than Barry in the coming years, is historically more reliable than Besic, and now what is becoming of McCarthy with his recent injury woes. Koeman knows what he is capable of and they must have had a decent working relationship for them both to want to rekindle it.

£22m, so what? It's becoming increasingly difficult to judge, or even guess at an individual players value. I've stopped caring in all honesty. If we can afford the player buy him, if not, dont..... Sound.

the whole Lukaku being sold to allow further purchases, what will be will be, but don't for a minute think that him leaving is the result of getting Schneiderlin in. If he goes it will be as people have been reporting for nearly 2 years now, cause he wants to go.

We needed positions further up the pitch filled before this position

To be fair, if he's still the same player that left Southampton he's better than the majority of the midfielders in our squad excl Gueye IMO. We should deffo do our business in order of availability ahead of what is immediately required since there's going to be a complete overhaul anyway.

Just for the record, I have absolutely no issue with the signing of Schneiderlin. I think that he is a strong signing that improves an area that needed improving. His past performances would suggest to me that he can offer us more than Barry in the coming years, is historically more reliable than Besic, and now what is becoming of McCarthy with his recent injury woes. Koeman knows what he is capable of and they must have had a decent working relationship for them both to want to rekindle it.

£22m, so what? It's becoming increasingly difficult to judge, or even guess at an individual players value. I've stopped caring in all honesty. If we can afford the player buy him, if not, dont..... Sound.

the whole Lukaku being sold to allow further purchases, what will be will be, but don't for a minute think that him leaving is the result of getting Schneiderlin in. If he goes it will be as people have been reporting for nearly 2 years now, cause he wants to go.
Well said mate.

giphy.gif

workout.gif

Morgan during his medical today...

So if anyone has concerns about a signing and doesn't go all happy clappy that's a gimmick?

Ok.

They are legitimate concerns Dave, ones that can be applied to every transfer we have done and will do in the future, however you are focusing specifically on the negative possibilities whilst not allowing for the possibilities that this transfer could be hugely successful, it's all speculative and maybe your just naturally cynical whereas most of the fan base see this optimistically...

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back