Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
On tonight's performance and the player that really needs to up his game is Barkley. As it is I think miralles will get the chop for return of Gana but if I'm honest Barkley and miralles should be replaced by Gana and lookman.

I can see your reasoning, but for me I'd stick with Barkley. He's been ace recently, and we lack creativity, and he's our best shot at the moment. Agree on lookman for miralles.

Personally I'd consider Schneiderlin and Davies the first choice for now, and rotate Gana in dependant on fitness / form of those 2. Wasn't davies's best game tonight, but the lad's 18 so will have bad/average games. If he gets 10 - 15 games this year, that's a great step in his developement.

Good game from the lad. Love his passing ability, looks so easy how he controlls and pass the ball forward. Will be a key player for us without a doubt.

I saw it a little bit differently.
I thought the two times he gave it away is because our players arent even on his wavelength.
Yeah I get what you mean, although I'd counter it by saying if you're not sure of your team mates capabilities, maybe don't hit deadweight square passes to them across your own box.

It wasn't just those passes though, I just thought he had a decent but not massively brilliant game. A 7/10, good solid performance, when some people are raving as if he looked like Kendall, Harvey and Ball rolled into one.

Personally I'd consider Schneiderlin and Davies the first choice for now, and rotate Gana in dependant on fitness / form of those 2. Wasn't davies's best game tonight, but the lad's 18 so will have bad/average games. If he gets 10 - 15 games this year, that's a great step in his developement.
Yep agree with this ... definitely best off leaving your player of the season on the bench for the next 3 months because he's been away for 3 games. If Kante goes down for a few weeks and Chelsea win a couple of matches with Fabregas and Matic, they should also leave him on the pine for the rest of the year too.

On tonight's performance and the player that really needs to up his game is Barkley. As it is I think miralles will get the chop for return of Gana but if I'm honest Barkley and miralles should be replaced by Gana and lookman.
pushing ross even further forward won't do the lad any favours at all either, it's an interesting one with the middle three, morgs is my first name on the team sheet, after that it could depend on the oppo

Yep agree with this ... definitely best off leaving your player of the season on the bench for the next 3 months because he's been away for 3 games. If Kante goes down for a few weeks and Chelsea win a couple of matches with Fabregas and Matic, they should also leave him on the pine for the rest of the year too.

Wow. Sarcasm is a wonderful thing when it's used in such a devastating manner as that.

There is an argument which is that since Gana has been away, we've been on a decent run, so sticking with the same teAm might be a option.

So, who gets dropped for Gana then? Or are you more interested in Chelsea, from that random Chelsea-centric diversion?

Also, point me to where I said anything about Gana being on the sidelines for 3 months

Ross was not awesome today, but honestly, he had little help up front. Kevro was absent, Rom was blanketed, they need to move him higher up the pitch. Yes, we could have used another striker.

Morgan is nothing short of terrific, though. I still say put Gana right in front of the back 4, yes 4, and push Morgan and Davies into a bit more box to box, push Ross up farther. Even in the back 5, gotta figure out a way to do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back