Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow. Sarcasm is a wonderful thing when it's used in such a devastating manner as that.

There is an argument which is that since Gana has been away, we've been on a decent run, so sticking with the same teAm might be a option.

So, who gets dropped for Gana then? Or are you more interested in Chelsea, from that random Chelsea-centric diversion?

Also, point me to where I said anything about Gana being on the sidelines for 3 months
This decent run also coincided with Gareth Barry starting games against City and Palace and performing very well in both ... however seemingly people couldn't dump him quick enough from their predicted line-ups despite this "stick with a winning team" adage that has been sprouted ad nauseum on this forum over the past week or two. In reality, it seems to actually be "stick with a winning team if it's the players we fans like" ... not saying there's anything wrong with that, but that's what has really been happening.

As for who gets dropped for Gana, I'd suggest any of your midfielders given he has been your best one this season by a country mile. I would choose either Davies (with Gueye sitting deep and Morgan playing 8) or Barkley (with Davies pushing further forward) ... looking at that objectively as I am not an Everton fan (I support Leeds), which means I don't have any favouritism towards the local lads ... personally I would drop Barkley and play Davies there.

In relation to the point about Chelsea, it's nothing to do with them per se - it's about Kante, who together with Gana are the two best holding midfielders in the league by a long, long way. Even with your midfielders, Morgan is more of a B2B than CDM (which is why he had Wanyama sitting behind him at Southampton) and Davies is also a B2B first and foremost. Gana is comfortably Everton's best CDM, and he's comfortably one of the league's best CDMs.

Just my thoughts anyway!

Very assured, like how he has the composure to stay in the ball under pressure then spring a forward pass to Ross or Davies in space. So much better than continuously playing flat and wide to the full backs. McCarthy coming on seemed to upset his positioning but I'm hoping we can see him and Gueye really bring the strength mobility and forward thinking to our midfield that we've cried out for for years.

Decent game from him considering first start and lack of recent game time. Didn't think he was man of the match but I do enjoy Evertonians rushing to idol worship prematurely so carry on.

Pack this in, get on the Scneiderexpress right now or declare him Cleverley mk II. There is no in between, you know the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back