Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not particularly if he's the only option is it...
better off just playing a midfield two then and have an extra attacker on. performance against Spurs shows that having Barry as an extra man in midfield is like playing with 10. Love Barry and all he's done for us but can't be starting against pressing sides who are quick on the counter.

better off just playing a midfield two then and have an extra attacker on. performance against Spurs shows that having Barry as an extra man in midfield is like playing with 10. Love Barry and all he's done for us but can't be starting against pressing sides who are quick on the counter.

I would rather be played an extra attacker to counter. If Barry gets near the pitch he's a yellow maybe red card waiting to happen

I agree mate, but our options could well be restricted.

Best case, realistic, scenario is that McCarthy is fit, but even that's a push.

If not, I'd like to see a back three with Holgate and Funes Mori coming in - Jags has played well but has zero pace.

Davies, Gueye and Barkley in a compact three, with Mirallas or Valencia supporting Rom.

If not, I'd like to see a back three with Holgate and Funes Mori coming in - Jags has played well but has zero pace.

Davies, Gueye and Barkley in a compact three, with Mirallas or Valencia supporting Rom.
Yeah tbh I think barkley will suit the Cm role better

in 40 yea

in 40 years time, Jagielka will have more pace than Funes Mori has today.

yes, 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with Gana and Davies (and maybe McCarthy) in midfield is our best bet.

if we try to play a flat back four we're done for.

yes, 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with Gana and Davies (and maybe McCarthy) in midfield is our best bet.

if we try to play a flat back four we're done for.

It feels to me thats our only realistic option.

Barry could be an asset coming on late, if, and its a big if, we have a result to see out.

Whats the latest with James and his injury?

Personally I'd go 3-5-2 & play Holgate at back rather than Mori, midfield of Gueye, Barkley & Davies, Rom with either Mirallas or DCL. I think we should have had Liam Walsh on the bench & getting some minutes so he could be getting used if need be when we have some injuries. I think McCarthy, Besic are buggered because of injuries and Barry is past it.

Has to be this really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back