Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, het :(

I can honestly say I never noticed him much when he played for Saints nor can I get excited at the prospects of buying a fringe player whom "doesn't fit" the plans of two successive managers at his club.

One manager I could look over....but two starts raising questions IMO.

That is not to say he won't be good for us but at this moment in time I am failing to get the hysteria this potential signing is engendering round these parts.

Plus we have not done too well with signing Manchester United cast offs in the past :(

Have a day or 2 off for Gods sake.

I can honestly say I never noticed him much when he played for Saints nor can I get excited at the prospects of buying a fringe player whom "doesn't fit" the plans of two successive managers at his club.

That is not to say he won't be good for us but at this moment in time I am failing to get the hysteria this potential signing is engendering round these parts.

Plus we have not done too well with signing Manchester United cast offs in the past :(
I thought it was only Mourinho who had frozen him out? Which wouldn't be the first good player he's done that to.
Seem to recall seeing him playing a lot under LVG

To be fair I was referring to the real Derek Acorah, who is indeed a failed rs player, he was on their books and is still a kopite. So please dont reprimand me for quoting facts.
The one who posts here I called a wum.
Touché.

Same rules apply however, for kopites and Wum's.

I must say I have never heard of a Derek Ancorah whom played for the RS.

The only Derek Ancorah I have ever heard off was some kind of a spiritualist or sommat and had a slot on talkSPORT :(
Derek Acorah was a fake medium.

Famous for making stuff up and shouting 'Mary loves Dik" at high volume.

Apparently had a trial for Liverpool but I wasn't aware of that before.

I must say I have never heard of a Derek Ancorah whom played for the RS.

The only Derek Ancorah I have ever heard off was some kind of a spiritualist or sommat and had a slot on talkSPORT :(

Same bloke ( well, it's Acorah ) played for the reserves over the park. Went on to be drunk behind the wheel in 2014.

Total car crash basically. Pretty unfortunate username to chose which is a bit unfortunate for our Derek who seems sound.

As for Morgan, good player, Koeman knows him, looks like a long term replacement for Barry, what's not to like ?

Fair dos - the flipside is that he was intrinsic to the team of three successive managers at Southampton. And United has been a graveyard of promising careers since Ferguson left.

Go have a read of some articles about him when he was at Saints still, or when the United transfer was in the offing - they're useful snapshots of the player I believe (and presumably our management believes) he really is.

I thought it was only Mourinho who had frozen him out? Which wouldn't be the first good player he's done that to.
Seem to recall seeing him playing a lot under LVG

Fair point.

I had looked up his appearances for United and they number 32.

I just assumed that was over a season and a half but as you say, the vast majority of them might have been last season, before Jose arrived :)

Same bloke ( well, it's Acorah ) played for the reserves over the park. Went on to be drunk behind the wheel in 2014.

Total car crash basically. Pretty unfortunate username to chose which is a bit unfortunate for our Derek who seems sound.

As for Morgan, good player, Koeman knows him, looks like a long term replacement for Barry, what's not to like ?
Leon osman in the echo saying schnerderlin not needed as we have Gana, James mc, Barry and cleverley in reserve!!! You couldn't make it up could you. Barry is past his best and cleverly's 'best' isn't good enough for EFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back