Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, let's see that happen.

Spending already £50M on to players of this standard heaps the pressure big time on Koeman, so he best have this spot on. Bolassie is already a disaster from a purchase perspective.
Bolasie was our only creative player when fit and with better players around him and us not needing to completely rely on him to create everything on his own would have seen him flourish I think. Gutted he got that injury and I'm not sure he'll come back from it but ok this is football.

Well, you countered your own point in that first sentence. When money is no obstacle you can spend like that. Be under no illusions that with us if money is spent it WILL be clawed back. My guess is the summer Lukaku goes to cover spending this January and most of next summer's.
Threads like this are as ridiculous as someone saying we are going to win the CL in 2018. We have been dormant for the best part of 30 years and turning that around doesn't happen overnight. But to say nothing has changed is frankly stupid. People were moaning for years the EFC were terrible at all commercial aspects of the game, and this was correct. You can't say that about the new regime; they have already done things that the previous incumbents just weren't capable of. For some people, they have got so used to Everton being rubbish that any change to that won't make them happy; ;their own personal agenda comes before the good of the club.

"Bill will never sell this club, it's his train set and he'll never let it go. He'll leave Goodison in a wooden box. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot"

"Hahahahaha, lol at those that think the club is actually for sale. Bill will NEVER sell"

[Kenwright sells the majority of the club]

"It doesn't count - Bill is still on the Board"

"I'm not trusting this; it seems like one of Bill's tricks to keep control. Until Moshiri spends some money I'm not convinced"

[Moshiri clears the Club's debts]

"He hasn't really cleared them, it's just a loan"

"Until he spends in the Jan window I'm not trusting him"

"We won't sign anyone before we sell - same old Everton"

[Everton sign 19 year old winger before any player sales]

"I'm not convinced, Moshiri will just get the money back in the summer when we sell Lukaku"

"It's not the right player, I wanted someone else"

"Moshiri is still just spending the TV money, same old Everton"

The new Board will simply never win with some fans; it is constantly moving goalposts. I think a lot of it stems from a dislike of Kenwright; if Moshiri comes good it will be a big climb-down for those who spent years saying he was happy to run the club into the ground and syphon the money off. Getting a decision as big as this right would be egg on the faces of lots of posters on here.

I called this last week :cool:

Bolasie was our only creative player when fit and with better players around him and us not needing to completely rely on him to create everything on his own would have seen him flourish I think. Gutted he got that injury and I'm not sure he'll come back from it but ok this is football.
Bolassie never had the impact you suggest. He ran himself into blind alleys most of the time.

My point is that we already employ him and he ticks boxes that Schneiderlin does. The season is not getting better than 7th and out of both cups, so why not wait and see if Besic can respond strongly and claim his place. That potentially saves us £22M.

Because we need strength in all departments and having more than 2 options is beneficial with injuries and suspensions.

Having options of Gueye, Schneiderlin, McCarthy (if he stays) and Besic (when fit) is brilliant for us. Barry can do a job from the bench for the next 18 months too, if needed. Desperately need to ship out Gibson asap.

Bolassie never had the impact you suggest. He ran himself into blind alleys most of the time.
Yes he was hit and miss but he created opportunities for our players. Since he injured himself we have missed that bit of excitement, only player that done anything remotely exciting was Gerry when he tore the Leicester full back a new one and set Lukaku up. I honestly believe if he had other players who could create clear opportunities for our players he would be better. Hell even if he was playing with Davies I think you would see an improvement in his play

Panic in the sense we paid out so much for a player and a large part of the impetus seems to have been the loss of Gueye for a month.
not really?

i think paying a bit extra might be down to the fact Gueye has gone combined with our midfield choices include 36 year old, crap, injured, injured and who knows what's wrong with gibson.

download.webp

My point is that we already employ him and he ticks boxes that Schneiderlin does. The season is not getting better than 7th and out of both cups, so why not wait and see if Besic can respond strongly and claim his place. That potentially saves us £22M.

I reckon old darlek here has a point. We should wait and see if Besic can claim a regular starting place. Besic so far has proven quite durable but in the off chance he breaks down. We can either depend on Barry's wizened legs, a couple of youngsters, or some other pleb off the physios table.

If all the above fails, we can look to buy in Feb or Mar.

Sounds good. I'm on the darlek bandwagon.

Yes he was hit and miss but he created opportunities for our players. Since he injured himself we have missed that bit of excitement, only player that done anything remotely exciting was Gerry when he tore the Leicester full back a new one and set Lukaku up. I honestly believe if he had other players who could create clear opportunities for our players he would be better. Hell even if he was playing with Davies I think you would see an improvement in his play

Excitement?! You having a laugh??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back