Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were after him big time and got gazumped by united.

and they had no excuses for not going in for him this winter. Utter mugs, they're now stuck with coquelin playing there as well as xhaka when he's not injured but he's at his best in a more attacking centre mid role. i like xhaka, but DM is not his strong point, another wenger mass blunder.

anyway, was it really only about 5 years ago our centre mid pairing was neville and heitinga with a couple of dross alternatives? Massive difference now and i hope we don't offload mccarthy either. I think he'll want to move on, which is fair, but if we can keep him we have plenty of other fringe players to sell in the summer, a good 5 or 6 in fact.

and they had no excuses for not going in for him this winter. Utter mugs, they're now stuck with coquelin playing there as well as xhaka when he's not injured but he's at his best in a more attacking centre mid role. i like xhaka, but DM is not his strong point, another wenger mass blunder.

anyway, was it really only about 5 years ago our centre mid pairing was neville and heitinga with a couple of dross alternatives? Massive difference now and i hope we don't offload mccarthy either. I think he'll want to move on, which is fair, but if we can keep him we have plenty of other fringe players to sell in the summer, a good 5 or 6 in fact.

A few months ago I would think that McCarthy would definitely be gone. However, Koeman does like him and uses him when he's healthy. Koeman realizes that if you play 4 CMs then you need very good depth behind them. Hopefully, he can sell McCarthy on this idea. However, he may really want to be an out and out starter and will ask to leave. But I think he will get plenty of minutes through, rotation, injury and cup matches.

Mourinho dropped a bollock on this one. He walks into this side. What a deal, what a signing and of course WHAT A PLAYER.

he was extremely poor for us probably found his level. Not meant as a dig but less focus/pressure at Everton than at United. He seemed to freeze under the lights for us.

Good luck to him though.

Said at the time he was our big signing of the winter transfer .. was one for he best midfielders in his position around prompting Man U to buy him... the fact that he didn't gel with Mourinho was perfect timing for us!

Was nothing to do with not gelling with Mourinho he was dropped by LVG from about Febuary onward. Was just so poor for us.

It must have been a personality issue. He seemed to be the player that they'd been crying out for for years when van Gaal bought him, and now they're back to relying on Carrick to stay fit at 36.

Carrick is far superior. I agree it was a personality issue as he seems to have the quality but never showed it for us except a 1 or 2 games funnily enough vs Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back