Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you compare Schneiderlin with the CM under Martinez, hands on your heart, do you think any of the player are better than Schneiderlin in doing the job?
For me personally McCarthy in his first season and for parts of year two was fantastic in my opinion. A midfielder who got about, ran the midfield at times and always seemed go get back and throw a tackle in around the box.

Schneiderlin I think over time will just he a part of the team who we may not notice which will be a good thing. Just gets on with it and hopefully by 18 months give or take, the players around him have improved so he doesn't need to stand out. McCarthy in my example above did stand out as did Barry in the same time frame, but like gueye currently, you would prefer that position to just get on with it and be a part of a successful team rather than have everyone raving about them.

I've worded that horribly I know, I just mean in a side where your attacking players make the headlines, schneiderlin will hopefully be a unsung hero just getting on with the job and making us hard to beat without grabbing the headlines

You did mate

Never doubted you for a second

You were right, others were wrong and should have listened

I've just rated him for a long long long time. Since he was a teenager at Saints really. Always thought it was weird that they had the France under whatever captain playing for them in bloody League One. But you could see he was class even then.

Very happy to have him. The difference he makes to our team already is alarming but boss at the same time.

Just need to surround the rest of the team with boss ones too.

For me personally McCarthy in his first season and for parts of year two was fantastic in my opinion. A midfielder who got about, ran the midfield at times and always seemed go get back and throw a tackle in around the box.

Schneiderlin I think over time will just he a part of the team who we may not notice which will be a good thing. Just gets on with it and hopefully by 18 months give or take, the players around him have improved so he doesn't need to stand out. McCarthy in my example above did stand out as did Barry in the same time frame, but like gueye currently, you would prefer that position to just get on with it and be a part of a successful team rather than have everyone raving about them.

I've worded that horribly I know, I just mean in a side where your attacking players make the headlines, schneiderlin will hopefully be a unsung hero just getting on with the job and making us hard to beat without grabbing the headlines

That's literally Schneiderlin except he also affects the play going forward and can get into the box and score and assist. He's 10x the player McCarthy ever has been.

That's literally Schneiderlin except he also affects the play going forward and can get into the box and score and assist. He's 10x the player McCarthy ever has been.
Good then! I loved watching McCarthy when he first arrived so it will be great to see that again more consistently in schneiderlin because it really makes the team hard to beat I think. Especially with gueye getting about breaking play up ahead of him, the young lad in the reserves bennene is it? Another one who can do that brilliantly based on my one viewing if him the other month!

Absolutely, like Leicester - Vardy and Mahrez got all the plaudits for Kante's graft.

Absolutely, like Leicester - Vardy and Mahrez got all the plaudits for Kante's graft.

Exactly that yes. If come next season lukaku has fired us to the champions league then it would be nice to notice that gueye Davis and Schneiderlin were the ones who made that possible

Off topic like but Davies so far looks to have a massive future. He has really impressed me so far and really looks like a player who give him 4-5 years could be a massive player for us as he hopefully improved. It is overselling out players sure but Ross at the same age as Tom looked the same and it's fair to say only Ross has held himself back so far.

We all talk about things off the pitch to improve. On the pitch we should be aiming for players of morgan's level. If we had at least 6 players with this guys class and quality, we would be aiming for top 4, certaintly having a go at the Europa.

I dont care what he did for some woolly back club.

Oii !!! FFS, oh, hang on, that's fine.

Now he's here and has started well.

Agreed

...certainly not that he's superb or anything outrageous like that.

Agreed, not superb, but, on the whole, he has been very good, and has made the first eleven stronger, which, though that's partly down to Barry's age and Gareth coming to the end of his career, if a player replaces Gareth Barry and makes us stronger then we can't ask for much more. I mean, you will ask for more, and will happen complain about him costing 20 million, but your GOT's answer to Victor Meldrew so that's sound.

I've just rated him for a long long long time. Since he was a teenager at Saints really. Always thought it was weird that they had the France under whatever captain playing for them in bloody League One. But you could see he was class even then.

Very happy to have him. The difference he makes to our team already is alarming but boss at the same time.

Just need to surround the rest of the team with boss ones too.
Let's hope has a word with VVD his old team mate at Southampton, about how much he is enjoying playing for Everton. ;)

I wouldn't compare McCarthy with Schnides. McCarthy is a type of Gana player. Think Schnides is more like a Barry type of player.

I fully agree, Schneiderlin will never cover the ground McCarthy/Gana does, he is more of a Barry/Carrick whereas they can protect the defence and set the tempo to a game. They all still like a tasty tackle every now and again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back