Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in my opinion. I think he'll play well in a good team playing with confidence. I dont detect a player who drags a team that's struggling in a game and propels them to victory.

That's my suspicion given the relatively small amount of evidence so far.

Don't think thats always required trait when talking great players.

Kante doesn't exactly do that either.

Don't think thats always required trait when talking great players.

Kante doesn't exactly do that either.

He's not in that class...and anyway, I wouldn't call Kante "great". Only in a football industry where sweat is valued more than creativity can he be deemed 'great'.

Not in my opinion. I think he'll play well in a good team playing with confidence. I dont detect a player who drags a team that's struggling in a game and propels them to victory.

There is a huge difference between pushing us forward and dragging a team mate.

Would you ever say scholes dragged United, or makalele dragged Madrid or Chelsea, he'll did Peter Reid ever drag us to victory, or bracewell?

Stick this lad into any of our great sides of yesteryear and he wouldn't be out of place, very very rarely would I say that about anyone we've had the past 30 years.

He's not in that class...and anyway, I wouldn't call Kante "great". Only in a football industry where sweat is valued more than creativity can he be deemed 'great'.

He may not be a great individual player, but he's about to win back to back premier league winner's medals...evidence is mounting that there is something great about him.

Voted PFA POY as well, so I reckon folks see something special about him.

Class player, he has the one thing that all truly good midfielders have, time.

Absolutely. More true for Morgs than for any Everton player I've seen for years. It makes me smile every match watching him retain the ball and complete a pass in ridiculous circumstances.

The word "great" in connection with a footballer should be used sparingly. Certainly, neither Kante nor Schneids are "great". Very good though.

But 'those' type of players are required in any side. The players that do the donkey work and give it to the more creative players to express themselves.

There is a huge difference between pushing us forward and dragging a team mate.

Would you ever say scholes dragged United, or makalele dragged Madrid or Chelsea, he'll did Peter Reid ever drag us to victory, or bracewell?
Reid definitely.

I'm not talking about fist pumping, geeing up here though. I'm talking about when a team are not at the races and he leads by example. I've seen him be anonymous in games like West Ham, Spurs, Boro....and worse, a player who's focus wanders and who gives the ball away in dangerous areas of the pitch.

You used the word 'great' in relation to his signing. I don't see it. In fact, I'm only familiarising myself with Schneiderlin because to be honest before he arrived I never really registered him at Southampton or United. Obviously I knew he was there and he was doing a decent job - especially at Southampton - but he's one of those players who have a game that seem to fit the industry at a particular moment: a grafter who makes it difficult for the opposition to operate and keeps it simple when on the ball.

Reid definitely.

I'm not talking about fist pumping, geeing up here though. I'm talking about when a team are not at the races and he leads by example. I've seen him be anonymous in games like West Ham, Spurs, Boro....and worse, a player who's focus wanders and who gives the ball away in dangerous areas of the pitch.

You used the word 'great' in relation to his signing. I don't see it. In fact, I'm only familiarising myself with Schneiderlin because to be honest before he arrived I never really registered him at Southampton or United. Obviously I knew he was there and he was doing a decent job - especially at Southampton - but he's one of those players who have a game that seem to fit the industry at a particular moment: a grafter who makes it difficult for the opposition to operate and keeps it simple when on the ball.

So a player in that particular role can never be deemed great because they keep it simple and break up play? What is a great player?

He may not be a great individual player, but he's about to win back to back premier league winner's medals...evidence is mounting that there is something great about him.

Voted PFA POY as well, so I reckon folks see something special about him.
He has value, no question. I'm not demeaning him. He just isn't a great player. Even his own manager has challenged him to develop his game this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back