Moshri: is he to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he needs to accept they he has no expertise when it comes to football, so when he hires a Director of Football to control club strategy, manager recruitment, scouting etc, he has to get the right person for the job, then let them do that job without interference. By no means am I saying that Brands was the right person, but to hire him knowing he had a preference to rely on bringing in youth players and developing academy players, then hire managers with a track record of not giving youth players a chance just sets everyone up to lose. Yes he's put his hand in his pocket, but he's also thrown his weight around trying to insist on particular transfers (Iwobi?) Just hire people in the know and let them run footballing matters.

This summarizes it well and is basically how I look at the current situation. If they don't hire a Director of football before the new manager it wont have my support or belief in working. Its a clear sign of him not realizing how he's gotten it wrong.

The club needs a director more than a new manager. And that person should not only decide the signings but also the manager. Timing might not help with that but that doesn't change much.

Most fans were happy enough with Koeman
Most were buzzing with Walsh
Most were happy with Brands when he joined
99.9% wanted Ancelotti

Benefit of hindsight eh!

Sums it up quite well. Shambles.
Yeah. If he sacks Benitez. Not disputing if he should or not. But if he does then he has lost the plot. Been making moves sacking people's letting him buy and sell players thos month and then sack him.

Stadium cant come quick enough. Then we might be able to attract an owner that knows what the offside rule is.

Most fans were happy enough with Koeman
Most were buzzing with Walsh
Most were happy with Brands when he joined
99.9% wanted Ancelotti

Benefit of hindsight eh!
Well said. Exactly my point. Moshri no doubt got the hiring (never a good appt) and firing decision (i.e too late) wrong with Rafael but name me anyone who never makes errors? My issue with Moshri is solely his lack of communication with us fans - rather than his commitment to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.