Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's basically it, and what I said before.

If Lerner came in and was serious, then bleach time. But for now its paper talk.

The Villa fan came on and said, he thinks it'd be a sideways step for Moyes. Which I think is true.

But I think its a bit keen to just dismiss that Villa couldnt tempt Moyes - hence the financial babble, which is the bottom line.

Could Lerner promise Moyes a better, easier transfer summer? We can speculate...but if it came down to Kenwright letting Moyes talk to Lerner...then, who knows.

I wasn't a such defending how much we have to spend as it will be the same as ever, a decent amount but not a lot compared to other teams. It was more to do with the fact that we were apparently broke which we're not :)

Apologise for my part in taking it off topic though!

I'm not 100% convinced that Moyes is staying or going. If anything this thread has confused me more.

The way I read it is that he'd be reluctant to step into Houllier's shoes as he's a friend and wouldn't want to be viewed as stabbing him in the back. However, I reckon if he was approached by Lerner and Moyes got Houllier's blessing (which was, apparently, important for Moyes when Wally Smith gave it to him for Everton) then he'd take it.

Certainly there'd be no issue over finances preventing the move. How could it - this club sell players left right and centre every season and offer some of the lowest wages in the top half of the table. It's a low bar for Lerner to get over in that respect.

So you're contradicting yourself.

I say we're not attractive to buyers...you say we are but the asking price is too high on top of untapped revenue streams and redevelopment of a ground that will add further costs.

So what part of being unattractive to buyers did I miss? If you're price is too high, then you are unattractive to be bought, am I right?

Not contradicting myself. INFRASTRUCTURE costs aren't included in the club licensing/UEFA Fair play regulation.

Club's can spend whatever they want there. However, it is monitored so anyone who claims to be spending on a ground but actually on wages is committing fraud.

Also the debt of (re)building the stadium must be repaid and this additional cost/debt is just the same. It's additional debt ontop of their growing debts. Comprende?

Which is why we're going nowhere fast. How much is the club valued at? £80million? With £45million loan debt. Kenwright wants a payday. The board want a return for putting zero in.

Investment can come in - based on a % share of the increased value of the club, or % of the additional revenue spread over an agreed period.

In an exclusive interview with Goal.com, Gianni Infantino, the governing body’s general secretary, insisted that top clubs across Europe who fail to comply with the new Financial Fair Play legislation, which will be phased in from next month, will be excluded from the Champions League and Europa League.

He declared that the rules will be rigidly applied no matter the size of the club. Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona are among those who posted huge losses in their most recent set of financial accounts.
“Everyone knows the rules and we will go through with it,” Infantino said. “The question is, ‘will you really do something?’ And the answer is, ‘yes, of course’. The train has left the station, we have started and there is no way back.”

In an in-depth interview, Infantino declared:
Uefa are acting now to avoid meltdown in football and to change how it operates forever
The era of sugar daddies such as Roman Abramovich who could plough hundreds of millions into a club is over
Financial Fair Play is not the perfect document and can be modified in future
European football will still be dominated by elite clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United in future - despite the new legislation
Tax-style inspections will be carried out on clubs who break the rules

Asked how the likes of Chelsea or Manchester City, who posted a £121m loss in their most recent set of accounts, can possibly come close to breaking even over the next three years, Infantino said: “Well, they will have to. Or at least they will have to break even within the exceptions possible. They know it.

"The rules have been known by everyone for more than one year so I’m sure they will have to have a strategy in place. If they are spending money, they must have an idea of getting a return on their investment. What is clear are the rules are there and the consequences as well.”

“It’s not the perfect document, we are aware of that,” he said. “It is the first time we have done something like this. We are learning as we go along but we are very confident that if we find something that needs to be addressed, we will correct it.

“Certainly there are loopholes but this is not the reason why we shouldn’t do it to start with. When we find out about the loopholes we will correct them.”

Scudamore says - "Manchester City are starting to plan and are disposing of some of their assets this transfer window. They're a very well-run club, they know what they have to do and I'm sure they'll do it. I don't see any circumstances where any of our clubs could get near to exclusion."

I'll be shocked if any known club is banned or effected by this. Oh and both clubs wont be in Europe for a long time.

That is an old interview(s) from late 2009.

The latest interviews are different, after recent meetings with the EU Commissioner. They've re-emphasised that they are now in the "monitoring period" and club's NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE if they are not fulfilling the obligations will be excluded from European competition.

And they've said that they will adapt the regulation if it appears clubs are cheating them, in terms of "Related Companies" and non-market rate sponsorship deals!

When's that happening? Next week? Its not, and that debt is going to increase until a buyer comes in and actually maybe increase the debt to increase the capacity of Goodison which would cost £100million+ (round figure at least). And with our boards record of things like that, it wont happen for a very, very long time. Until then, we have to flog players, loan players out to lower the wage bill and make sure we finish in the top 7 every season as to not rock the boat - hand to mouth, stay above water.

We finish 16th or anywhere below 10th....the club firesale will begin and the debt will rise.

Villa on the other hand...Lerner could sell them up quicker than Bill can drive round to Barrymoores house and make changes.

That's nonsense that. So you're comparing Everton's £47.7million debt (growing at £6million a season) to Villa's £140million debt (growing at £30million + a season)?

And seriously saying Villa are in a better position? Seriously? :huh:

No forget it. Just don't bother.

I don't think so. I've been out golfing.

Right.... lets get to answering some of the above.

images

You love it. Taking breaks on discussing finance to go out golfing.

We terminated the FXPro as I said because they renegotiated after the trial period.

Our only losses come from player sales, we make profits running as a club without them This year we made a profit of £11m. We will now reduce the wage bill significantly by 10-15m which will give us more funds to spend. Meanwhile each year the television revenue is getting increased as are ticket prices. This means come next year we could make a net profit of 30m.

Meanwhile all debts are to Randy Lerner (interest free) and can be paid back whenever, there is no financial crisis and I don't think you're in the position to say so :D That's the only reason why Moyes would come, but not enough when there's always a better job out there or a safer similar one where he's already at. Personally I think we'll get Hughes the guy who had that terrible record with money at City :(

I don't know where to begin with this. Honestly. Villa's situation is not that at all.

YOU ARE MAKING LOSES - WITHOUT MAKING PLAYER SALES.

Thats a fact. Based on the fact that your wage:turnover this year; is 91% and you're expending more than you're earning.

You haven't made a profit since Lerner's been at the club.

Does Lerner not draw a salary(administrative costs) plus interest on the loans he's made to Villa ?
Because that's very different from other villa fans opinions on the on the subject.
I'am begining to doubt you're an actual Villa fan,and am serious.

Its showing that Lerner's financial shadow skills put Kenwright's in the shade if these Villains don't know whats going on at their club and they think things are hunky doory.

I think that's basically it, and what I said before.

If Lerner came in and was serious, then bleach time. But for now its paper talk.

The Villa fan came on and said, he thinks it'd be a sideways step for Moyes. Which I think is true.

But I think its a bit keen to just dismiss that Villa couldnt tempt Moyes - hence the financial babble, which is the bottom line.

Could Lerner promise Moyes a better, easier transfer summer? We can speculate...but if it came down to Kenwright letting Moyes talk to Lerner...then, who knows.

Been on a few Villa forums there's plenty of speculation that Moyes is due to hold talks with Lerner as early as Wednesday.
Deal done,nailed on, etc.
There's no doubt that Learner would love Moyes at Villa as he needs a manager that can survive on a shoestring budget to keep them in the prem.
For Moyes this would be akin to stepping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Deluded the lot of them.:lol:

Agree Bourneblue:

I'd characterise it as - some of our "fans" having a very low opinion of the club (and themselves) - self loathing. Such as Kenadablue/Davek etc

And that many Villa fans are completely CLUELESS about what THE BOTTOM LINE REALLY IS, i.e. debt growing at a ridiculous rate at Villa

and thinking that they could tempt him which is a load of nonsense since the Villa business model is non-existent.

Where are the "mythical Villa millions" going to come from to fund this Moyes-slurge?

Fantasy Island?

Last edited:
were did you play?

Safe to assume it was Royal Birkdale.....won £400 in friendly bets from stockbroker/legal type pals and laced them easily....quick rubdown from the stunning massuese that has her eyes on him at the club just after....... then back into the convertible to drive quickly back to the pc to educate Villa fans on finance.

Typical of Damon this: cant see the wood for the trees.

Just sees the headline figures and away he goes making categorical statements that are proven false.

He never learns.

Not contradicting myself. INFRASTRUCTURE costs aren't included in the club licensing/UEFA Fair play regulation.

Club's can spend whatever they want there. However, it is monitored so anyone who claims to be spending on a ground but actually on wages is committing fraud.

Also the debt of (re)building the stadium must be repaid and this additional cost/debt is just the same. It's additional debt ontop of their growing debts. Comprende?

Who was talking about those fair play rules? I was talking about what the debt would look like when you've got current debt, a to stadium rebuild, transfers, and expanding the marketting arm of the club.

If you're thinking that in order for this to happen it wont take years/decades and we'll stay debt free and turn into how Arsenal are ran all of a sudden then....god bless you sir.

And again, you didnt answer the question that you contradicted yourself on...Are we an attractive club? You say we ARE but Bill wants ££££ more than people are willing to pay on top of a new stadium, transfers etc. That to me makes us unattractive.

Investment can come in - based on a % share of the increased value of the club, or % of the additional revenue spread over an agreed period.

But first someone has to buy the club and raise its value....whens that gonna happen? And a percentage of the additional revenue? Where's that come from? Oh yeah, the £200million the new buyer has pumped into the club to rebuild the stadium and market the brand...to which he'll wait a good 10 years to see back and we hope to christ he got that money interest free...

That is an old interview(s) from late 2009.

The latest interviews are different, after recent meetings with the EU Commissioner. They've re-emphasised that they are now in the "monitoring period" and club's NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE if they are not fulfilling the obligations will be excluded from European competition.

And they've said that they will adapt the regulation if it appears clubs are cheating them, in terms of "Related Companies" and non-market rate sponsorship deals!

Go back to the Scudamore interview this season. He's not sweating over it even when Chelsea and Citeh have spent £100million together this season.

That's nonsense that. So you're comparing Everton's £47.7million debt (growing at £6million a season) to Villa's £140million debt (growing at £30million + a season)?

And seriously saying Villa are in a better position? Seriously? :huh:

No forget it. Just don't bother.

When did I say they were in a better position financially? Where? Oh, that's because I didnt.

What I said was that Lerner and Villa can easily get out of their situation and have more to offer in terms of revenue, stadium, location, the fact they're the biggest club in their city etc that he can either fix the problem himself, or even sell up sharpish to make their books better off. Reason being, is he is a better business man than Kenwright.

Everton on the other hand cannot offer the above to potential investors/buyers due to rising costs that, with what you put, will take a long time to see anything back from. And if we finished where Villa finished this season...we would be in the **** big time financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back