Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisbon Treaty mate.

Gives a mandate for the EU to regulate sport. They've told UEFA to get their house in order or else.

So they MUST enforce this regulation. or EU commission will take this regulatory responsibility from UEFA.

This means this will apply TO ALL EUROPEAN CLUBS wishing to play in Europe.

Also there's a three year monitoring period. So you think you could spend lots in year 1, but you'd be out of Europe for three years.

No tricks. They'll just adapt the regulations.

Villa are skint. / Screwed. Sorry mate.

(I meant Villa, they wouldn't mind being denied Europe.)

(I meant Villa, they wouldn't mind being denied Europe.)

Getting into the Champions League regularly is the only medium term way Villa could hope of paying back their debts.

Long term they're going to have to massively cut their cloth and try and increase revenues.

With the likes of the FX Pro deal being terminated (by FX Pro), selling off players and their low finish this season...

suddenly the deluded few think they're going to cherry pick Moyes, and go on a massive spending splurge.

:huh:

IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

bah. Let them think it if they want....

Neiler. Your protege's in trouble. Stop having a life and get on here!!!

DEBT: "A debt is created when a creditor agrees to lend a sum of assets to a debtor. In modern society, debt is usually granted with expected repayment; in most cases, plus interest."

This is real world economics Dave.

We terminated the FXPro as I said because they renegotiated after the trial period.

Our only losses come from player sales, we make profits running as a club without them This year we made a profit of £11m. We will now reduce the wage bill significantly by 10-15m which will give us more funds to spend. Meanwhile each year the television revenue is getting increased as are ticket prices. This means come next year we could make a net profit of 30m.

Meanwhile all debts are to Randy Lerner (interest free) and can be paid back whenever, there is no financial crisis and I don't think you're in the position to say so :D That's the only reason why Moyes would come, but not enough when there's always a better job out there or a safer similar one where he's already at. Personally I think we'll get Hughes the guy who had that terrible record with money at City :(

Does Lerner not draw a salary(administrative costs) plus interest on the loans he's made to Villa ?
Because that's very different from other villa fans opinions on the on the subject.
I'am begining to doubt you're an actual Villa fan,and am serious.

*facepalms*

And the "he would likely sell and put them back to zero" is the most illogical naive and ridiculous statement since Davek's "Everton are going into administration" one.

Oh. And we're (EVERTON) not unattractive to investors.

It's all about Kenwright et al's asking price

So you're contradicting yourself.

I say we're not attractive to buyers...you say we are but the asking price is too high on top of untapped revenue streams and redevelopment of a ground that will add further costs.

So what part of being unattractive to buyers did I miss? If you're price is too high, then you are unattractive to be bought, am I right?

I think its time you stepped away from the keyboard.

You're looking like one of dem "Yankz out" kopites here.

Seriously. Your claims that Villa are the modicum of financial prudence is making me want to vomit.

Everton are far more sustainable than Villa short and medium term. - why?

Because we're not losing £30million + a season!

And there are interested parties in Everton. Purely because we're not tapping our revenues and the stadium redevelopment.

The argument at Everton is - the asking price.

Which is why we're going nowhere fast. How much is the club valued at? £80million? With £45million loan debt. Kenwright wants a payday. The board want a return for putting zero in.

Lisbon Treaty mate.

Gives a mandate for the EU to regulate sport. They've told UEFA to get their house in order or else.

So they MUST enforce this regulation. or EU commission will take this regulatory responsibility from UEFA.

This means this will apply TO ALL EUROPEAN CLUBS wishing to play in Europe.

In an exclusive interview with Goal.com, Gianni Infantino, the governing body’s general secretary, insisted that top clubs across Europe who fail to comply with the new Financial Fair Play legislation, which will be phased in from next month, will be excluded from the Champions League and Europa League.

He declared that the rules will be rigidly applied no matter the size of the club. Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona are among those who posted huge losses in their most recent set of financial accounts.
“Everyone knows the rules and we will go through with it,” Infantino said. “The question is, ‘will you really do something?’ And the answer is, ‘yes, of course’. The train has left the station, we have started and there is no way back.”

In an in-depth interview, Infantino declared:
Uefa are acting now to avoid meltdown in football and to change how it operates forever
The era of sugar daddies such as Roman Abramovich who could plough hundreds of millions into a club is over
Financial Fair Play is not the perfect document and can be modified in future
European football will still be dominated by elite clubs such as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United in future - despite the new legislation
Tax-style inspections will be carried out on clubs who break the rules

Asked how the likes of Chelsea or Manchester City, who posted a £121m loss in their most recent set of accounts, can possibly come close to breaking even over the next three years, Infantino said: “Well, they will have to. Or at least they will have to break even within the exceptions possible. They know it.

"The rules have been known by everyone for more than one year so I’m sure they will have to have a strategy in place. If they are spending money, they must have an idea of getting a return on their investment. What is clear are the rules are there and the consequences as well.”

“It’s not the perfect document, we are aware of that,” he said. “It is the first time we have done something like this. We are learning as we go along but we are very confident that if we find something that needs to be addressed, we will correct it.

“Certainly there are loopholes but this is not the reason why we shouldn’t do it to start with. When we find out about the loopholes we will correct them.”

Scudamore says - "Manchester City are starting to plan and are disposing of some of their assets this transfer window. They're a very well-run club, they know what they have to do and I'm sure they'll do it. I don't see any circumstances where any of our clubs could get near to exclusion."

I'll be shocked if any known club is banned or effected by this. Oh and both clubs wont be in Europe for a long time.

Compared to Everton's £47.7million debt now (up £6million) at the start of 2010/2011 season. Which is what they budget for at Everton (a £6million loss).

Incidentally, that £6million would be wipped out with a £2 increase on ticket prices and a 5000 seat capacity increase.

with 10,000 seats at Everton we'd make a £12million profit. And 15,000 we'd make about £18million PROFIT per season on gate receipts alone (without including corporate).

When's that happening? Next week? Its not, and that debt is going to increase until a buyer comes in and actually maybe increase the debt to increase the capacity of Goodison which would cost £100million+ (round figure at least). And with our boards record of things like that, it wont happen for a very, very long time. Until then, we have to flog players, loan players out to lower the wage bill and make sure we finish in the top 7 every season as to not rock the boat - hand to mouth, stay above water.

We finish 16th or anywhere below 10th....the club firesale will begin and the debt will rise.

Villa on the other hand...Lerner could sell them up quicker than Bill can drive round to Barrymoores house and make changes.

All staff wages are included in the wage bill, that even includes matchday staff. It was confirmed by the club. A reason why it's higher then Spurs as we have a lot more non playing staff then them.

Was just thinking that myself.

Until the club announce it, I'd say no.

Stockpile your bleach.

I think that's basically it, and what I said before.

If Lerner came in and was serious, then bleach time. But for now its paper talk.

The Villa fan came on and said, he thinks it'd be a sideways step for Moyes. Which I think is true.

But I think its a bit keen to just dismiss that Villa couldnt tempt Moyes - hence the financial babble, which is the bottom line.

Could Lerner promise Moyes a better, easier transfer summer? We can speculate...but if it came down to Kenwright letting Moyes talk to Lerner...then, who knows.

Well this thread is a thoroughly enjoyable read...but is Moyes leaving us or not?
Been on a few Villa forums there's plenty of speculation that Moyes is due to hold talks with Lerner as early as Wednesday.
Deal done,nailed on, etc.
There's no doubt that Learner would love Moyes at Villa as he needs a manager that can survive on a shoestring budget to keep them in the prem.
For Moyes this would be akin to stepping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Deluded the lot of them.:lol:

Damon's been routed here. The Villa fan's webbed him all over the shop.

Call for Neiler!!!!!!!!!!!

Moyes is not taking a step down to Villa, he's said that himself, he's happy at Everton, he is building something positive here, regardless of some peoples opinions on where we should be, pointless thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back