Moyes or Benitez ???

Who would you prefer now ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have took nearly any other manager over David Moyes. I can't understand for the life of me any Evertonian wanting him back.

He's doing well at West Ham. Woohoo. Changes precisely nothing.

He's a manager who excels as the underdog - the very minute an ounce of expectation is on him then watch how he reverts to type. You'd have thought a decade plus of watching how this story goes would have made you all click on, but evidently not and you all want the mind-numbing repeat.

Weird.

exactly mate!

Benitez for me. Going back to people opinions on why would be be interested in any manager that hasn't won anything well Moyes fits that Bill to a tee. I didn't even like him when he was here so no way would I want him back

I'd have took nearly any other manager over David Moyes. I can't understand for the life of me any Evertonian wanting him back.

He's a manager who excels as the underdog - the very minute an ounce of expectation is on him then watch how he reverts to type. You'd have thought a decade plus of watching how this story goes would have made you all click on, but evidently not and you all want the mind-numbing repeat.

Weird.
The problem is that the majority of our fans have bought into this and think that’s what Everton is

Weird.
Had pretty much no money to spend for years here, constantly selling our best players and having to re buy and not even getting the full amount to reinvest

Finally at a club where he can spend a good amount with pressure off and he's building a top 4 challenging side

Weird.
Give me European qualification, cup semi finals and consecutive top seven finishes right now. Feels like the Moyes years were ‘glory years’ considering the dross that has followed.

Weird.

We are an underdog club though. We’ve tried big name managers who have won trophies with top sides - they were crap.

If West Ham had Declan rice and Antonia out as well as 2-3 other first team players, like we have had DCL and douncs out. He would be where we are. Start of the season we had a first 11 fit we looked strong. Same for West Ham. Their first 11 is strong but 1-2 key injuries like we have had then they are average, just like us. They have been lucky with their players so far, if it last the whole season then they have a good chance of breaking the top 4. But let’s see after Christmas where they are.

I like them both and would have had Moyes before Ancelotti which would have made this question not possible to ask.

However with Koemans,Ancelottis and Silvas dregs still in the squad, strapped by FFP and less than 2m to spend in the summer any manager would struggle here.
Ancelotti’s dregs? I don’t think any of his signings can be considered dregs.

Weird.
Well summed up. Spot on.

Weird.
This all day long.

Moyes and Benitez are both cut from the same cloth, both coach cowardly outdated drudgeball .
Their teams habitually surrender the centre of the park and lack ingenuity and inventiveness. They are entirely reactive.
Moyes saving grace this season is the presence of Rice.
Ideally I wouldn’t employ either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.