Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez isn't a bottler.

lol, what does that even mean in relation to a football manager?

I've seen plenty of Martinez Wigan play like drains & get dry humped for the best part of an entire season, only coming out of their hibernation at Easter when relegation looks a certainty due to the dire durge they've been serving up for the previous 8 months.

They then start playing & he's lauded as a hero, when the question should be wtf haven't they played in the same way all season?

I'm saying Martinez could do a better job in derbies than Moyes can.

You cant possibly know that.

When Wigan go to Anfield they are expected to lose, so no pressure, its nothing like when Everton go to Anfield.

So you cant know how Martinez handles pressure, cos hes never had any, he manages a team in which 90% of its fanbases first sport is Rugby, they are expected to lose every single game.

You cant possibly know that.

When Wigan go to Anfield they are expected to lose, so no pressure, its nothing like when Everton go to Anfield.

So you cant know how Martinez handles pressure, cos hes never had any, he manages a team in which 90% of its fanbases first sport is Rugby, they are expected to lose every single game.
I'm predicting it anyway. I'm not saying he defiantly will be better than Moyes.

But Martinez hasn't been relegated though has he?
Which is why I said potentially and that they are staring relegation in the face (which they are).

The man doesn't bottle games unlike Moyes.
What is bottling criteria? Losing an important game? He lost a play-off final. Losing to an inferior opponent? I'm pretty sure I could find a few of those if I cared to look. If they lose the semi would that be a bottling?

Which is why I said potentially and that they are staring relegation in the face (which they are).

What is bottling criteria? Losing an important game? He lost a play-off final. Losing to an inferior opponent? I'm pretty sure I could find a few of those if I cared to look. If they lose the semi would that be a bottling?

Wigan have never lost to an inferior team, cos they are the pinaccle of awfulness.

Bottling as in playing too defensive when there is no need. Martinez gets his tactics spot on most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back