Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, why would I? I'm happy to look at options outside of the obvious names and not base my opinion on what I'm told I should believe, I take all the facts into account to form a pretty unbiased and fair opinion.

Haha ok mate, I'll play along

Bruce's side have been largely bleeding awful to watch this season, he got a massive stroke of luck in Jan when the Egyptian owner pulled off a loan deal for 3 Egyptian internationals who were sat on their arses due to the strike over there. The class striker Gedo has made all the difference in front of goal. I know this because I gave a close friend who's a pass holder.

Bruce is a journeyman manager who whilst not awful is not the man to take us beyond where Moyes has done

Yeah Moyes hasn't won anything but he's ace in the transfer market which is a huge difference to depend on whether your a good manager or not. Bruce would make us a mid table club IMO. He wasn't even good enough for Sunderland.

He wasnt given a fair chance at Sunderland, he bought players in thay are still first class premiership players and I'd be confident of giving him a few quid to spend. He's turned Hull into premiership contenders on a tight budget and is anlot more shrewd than he gets credit for, Hull were going nowhere other than Divisionn1 until he took over

He wasnt given a fair chance at Sunderland, he bought players in thay are still first class premiership players and I'd be confident of giving him a few quid to spend. He's turned Hull into premiership contenders on a tight budget and is anlot more shrewd than he gets credit for, Hull were going nowhere other than Divisionn1 until he took over
That's championship though. We're talking Everton here, he has to get us up there with the big boys and IMO he isn't capable of doing that unfortunately.

Why is it silly lad.....? why is it any different to some of the names touted ? He's played at the top level and in a world cup so is no mug.

I suppose I kind of see where you're coming from, if the tactical knowledge he displays in commentary translates to management then he could be a decent manager

Look a little harder mate, watch his interviews and looks at hist stats, he's got passion and knowledge thats not bettered by many, just needs a chance IMO
It's hard to decide whether we give him a chance or not, I just couldn't see him lasting a few months and the crowd would just chant "you've got a big fat head'' all game.

Haha ok mate, I'll play along

Bruce's side have been largely bleeding awful to watch this season, he got a massive stroke of luck in Jan when the Egyptian owner pulled off a loan deal for 3 Egyptian internationals who were sat on their arses due to the strike over there. The class striker Gedo has made all the difference in front of goal. I know this because I gave a close friend who's a pass holder.

Bruce is a journeyman manager who whilst not awful is not the man to take us beyond where Moyes has done

So Bruce gets no credit for where they are? Ok mate.

It's hard to decide whether we give him a chance or not, I just couldn't see him lasting a few months and the crowd would just chant "you've got a big fat head'' all game.

That big fat head is full of knowledge though and birsting at the seems, he's massively underrated and his record appears terrible because he's been sacked by some terrible chairman with little or no patience

Do you think it'd go down well with the faithful where Bill likes to maintain the fascade of keeping them buttered up?

Not so sure I'd agree with that assessment if I'm honest mate - i dont think hes that bothered what the average punter thinks and id query the level of expectation on who the next manager is going to be for the fanbase to be "buttered up". but hypothetically i suppose it could be sold in terms of conistencey and stability maybe with an elder states man an tech/director of football!

Who knows, not that I'm for it, but the point of the thread is to discuss possible scenarios, I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility if I'm honest, in fact there are many threads in the vaults about Irvine taking over - post Moyes!

But hey no one has a clue really, so why get wound up!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back