Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered that Pereira won't commit himself to Porto until he has spoken to Everton ?
Didn't expect anything to be settled today,looks like we're all in for another few days at least of rumours and hearsay on this thread.
Business as usual then.

Had been interviewed already?

theres more than the 343 that worries me about martinez !!! hes win/loss ratio is dire , the fact he took a mid table-ish team to constant relegation fodder and then actually relegated , the absolute drubbings his teams have been battered with , the amount of goals his team concede , the fact he may bring franco di santo (terrible player)
so he won an fa cup ... so did this man and im sure he had better results on a tight budget too....doesnt mean hes good enough for everton.
Dave-Bassett-007.jpg

martinez is a nice enough chap , but he isnt and wont be the man to take us to the next level or even keep us at the level we are at. hes a low league manager , as good as nigel adkins or ian holloway.

I agree with this. Martinez´s Wigan has been woefull defensively and ultimately got relegated because of it.

What we need to ask ourselves though is whether we can expect someone better. Vitor Periera might as well be a unicorn in outer space for the chance of him being the next manager.

For his faults, I´d rather have Martinez than Stubbs, Weir or Phil Neville.

Just named my first born son VITOR. He is 12 and not very happy about it. I told him to stop moaning as he will get used to it.

Martinez.

This inconsistency set the tone for Martínez's first season in charge, with home wins against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, but also a series of heavy defeats. This included a 9–1 defeat away to Tottenham Hotspur on 22 November 2009, a club record defeat for Wigan, and the first time that a Premier League side had scored nine goals in a single match since Manchester United beat Ipswich Town 9–0 in 1995.[36] On the final day of the season, Wigan suffered another heavy defeat, losing 8–0 to Chelsea, a result which gave their opponents the Premier League title. The club finished the season in 16th place, thus avoiding relegation, but they had a goal difference of –42, which was the worst in the Premier League.

Has anyone considered that Pereira won't commit himself to Porto until he has spoken to Everton ?
Didn't expect anything to be settled today,looks like we're all in for another few days at least of rumours and hearsay on this thread.
Business as usual then.

...I suspect we are not particularly on Periera's mind and he's not particularly on Bill's.

I think Vitor is still thinking it over, I believe it is his job if he wants it.

Bobby Martin will be watching events, hoping he gets the nod.

I can not see past these two. One of them will get it.

I want Vitor, but I think Bobby will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back