Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing that worries me about martinez is that he likes playing 343 and im not sure that will suit us. i dont care if wigan got relegated its happened to plenty of good managers.

@FCPortoWorld: The Vitor Pereira saga continues. Agent Chris Henrotay says Vitor is taking some time to reflect on proposals. Decision by end of next week.

Now chill the eff out.

We're getting Martinez aren't we?!

If journos in Portugal and England are led to be believed that Pereira as had talks with Kenwright last week, would it be possibly that Kenwright would of told him he's second choice behind Martinez and that Pereira could be delaying his decision and waiting to see what Martinez does and himself hoping he knocks us back so he could get the job?!.

Is that possible or am i just thinking bollox on a massive scale?!.

Exactly. PdC - 'here Vitor, we propose you a new 2 year deal and you'll only get 10-15m Euros of the Moutinho & Rodriguez fees to spend on new players!', VP - 'Cheers boss but ive got a better idea, give me 10-15m Euros but only with a one year deal, hows that sound?!'.

Why would you come back and say you'll do one year instead?. IF true i think they'll tell him to do one and bring someone else in!.

Maybe he knows who we're after and is assuming they'll be awful, be sacked by the end of next season and he will cost nothing this time next year.

312d8af.jpg

Okay Martinez fans. Sell me on Martinez without mentioning:

1) Any comparisons to Moyes. Moyes isn't up for the job.

2) The financial restraints at Wigan. I am aware of them. I am also aware he won the FA Cup (just as I'm aware he got relegated).

3) If you want to mention his style of football I'm going to need some more specifics because his teams historically aren't high scoring. Why would I enjoy watching his team?

4) Don't make assumptions. Like "he'll learn from being relegated." How do you know? Lots of managers get relegated and they don't all get better afterwards. You could say something similar about any manager ... I'm sure VP learned a lot from only losing one game in the last two years.

What's his philosophy? Does he like stats? What's the first thing you think he'd do ... like some kind of stamp he'd want to put on the team so it's a "Martinez team?" What's his favourite TV show? You know the important stuff.

I think I understand what you are getting at (that BK wouldn't be willing to or able to appoint someone like VP) but to what end? I'm no BK-fan but there has to a middle ground between "naive hysterics" and Davek FFS. We're not all on the extreme end of either side. Some of us are just having some fun and passing the time while we wait for a new manager.

I think people are barking up the wrong tree that the VP "hysteria" is somehow blurring our vision when it comes to judging Martinez. I was (somewhat jokingly) saying "Martinez out" in 2012 when he was first seriously rumoured as a potential replacement should Moyes leave. The only difference in my opinion on Martinez between now and then is that there are a handful of (potentially unrealistic) candidates who are far preferable for us to focus on as an alternative to the boring choice of Martinez.

Sure I've relatively recently jumped on the VP bandwagon but I have been on the "no to Martinez" bandwagon for quite some time.

... not to mention we've had a decade of "yeah but Moyes doesn't have the finances of the clubs finishing above him in the league" debate and now we have to do it all over again so people can defend Martinez's lousy league record? Ugh. Not that it's not a valid argument to some extent but like Martinez himself I'm bored of it before it's even started.

End of? I didn't realize it was a fact. I just thought that was your perception of things. My apologies.
You are asking Martinez supporters to justify their position while at the same time defining the response that you'll accept!
He'll want a passing flowing game and will hopefully have a close relationship with the chairman. He'll be reliable, likeable and stable and act with dignity. He'll create a positive friendly atmosphere at the club. He's the type of manager that will put his arm over the shoulder rather than lash out or mouth off.

Has anyone considered that Pereira won't commit himself to Porto until he has spoken to Everton ?
Didn't expect anything to be settled today,looks like we're all in for another few days at least of rumours and hearsay on this thread.
Business as usual then.

If Bill see's Pereira as second choice behind Martinez then there is no hope left for this club

I think Kenwright sees Pereira as more of a risk than Martinez due to a lack of premier league management experience, hence why Martinez is his preferred choice, so i assume, i dont know that for sure but thats my guess.

the only thing that worries me about martinez is that he likes playing 343 and im not sure that will suit us. i dont care if wigan got relegated its happened to plenty of good managers.

Moyes would have been relegated in 03/04 if it hadn´t been for Nigel Martyn. And he was brought in on a free as back up for Richard Wright.

You are asking Martinez supporters to justify their position while at the same time defining the response that you'll accept!
He'll want a passing flowing game and will hopefully have a close relationship with the chairman. He'll be reliable, likeable and stable and act with dignity. He'll create a positive friendly atmosphere at the club. He's the type of manager that will put his arm over the shoulder rather than lash out or mouth off.

He really should apply for the position of club liancing officer instead.

theres more than the 343 that worries me about martinez !!! hes win/loss ratio is dire , the fact he took a mid table-ish team to constant relegation fodder and then actually relegated , the absolute drubbings his teams have been battered with , the amount of goals his team concede , the fact he may bring franco di santo (terrible player)
so he won an fa cup ... so did this man and im sure he had better results on a tight budget too....doesnt mean hes good enough for everton.
Dave-Bassett-007.jpg

martinez is a nice enough chap , but he isnt and wont be the man to take us to the next level or even keep us at the level we are at. hes a low league manager , as good as nigel adkins or ian holloway.

I cannot manage more than two pages of this thread without wanting to kill somebody.

get somebody (not stubbs) in.

theres more than the 343 that worries me about martinez !!! hes win/loss ratio is dire , the fact he took a mid table-ish team to constant relegation fodder and then actually relegated , the absolute drubbings his teams have been battered with , the amount of goals his team concede , the fact he may bring franco di santo (terrible player)
so he won an fa cup ... so did this man and im sure he had better results on a tight budget too....doesnt mean hes good enough for everton.
Dave-Bassett-007.jpg

martinez is a nice enough chap , but he isnt and wont be the man to take us to the next level or even keep us at the level we are at. hes a low league manager , as good as nigel adkins or ian holloway.

THIS ALLDAY LONG WITH A CHERRY ON TOP!!!

WILL YOU GET OUT OF MY HEAD FFS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back