Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pereira comes we sign moutinho and atsu

martinez comes we sign kevin phillips and ryo maichi

Because we're going to get the £60m that Monaco were willing to pay...

BK must know Moyes is leaving since last December. If he just started the search last week then he is very naive.

Wrong again, David Moyes was about to ready himself for talks with Kenwright just as SAF announced his retirement.

ben brown ‏@benEfcbrown now
Vitor Pereira is stalling on his contract and is seeing what other options he has before signing a new contract

Making it up as they go along

Because we're going to get the £60m that Monaco were willing to pay...

Wrong again, David Moyes was about to ready himself for talks with Kenwright just as SAF announced his retirement.

I do not believe that. SAF would have planned his retirement for ages.

What Bobby needs to remember before he takes that jump to "the next level" is that the fans of Wigan have had a LOT of patience and have witnessed not only some fantastic victories (Man U, Chelsea etc) but also some horrendous (Man U this season, Fulham EVERY time we play them)and sometimes quite baffling performances (Bolton last season when he put Diame on the wing!). Yes some of us have booed but in general the fans have kept faith in the manager and the team. If he goes to Everton, the "nice football" excuse just won't wash, he will have to sacrifice his footballing principles for results, he will need a plan B (though he was getting there toward the end of this season), he can't play his mates regardless of how bad they are (Steve Gohouri)and if he screws it up against Liverpool he will be down the road before he can get his lucky jacket on.
Every year I expected something different and bar last season every year I was disappointed, the system he introduced last year was pretty much comprehensively picked apart by every other team because it didn't evolve and I'm sure Everton fans will be quick to say that getting ****ed 5-0 by United isn't entertaining because you kept the ball on the floor! They might also insist on someone overseeing the defence and strikers, which he won't like!
Don't get me wrong, I want Roberto to stay because the rebuilding process will be that much harder without him but also because I was promised that one day the system would work and I haven't seen it work more than one game in a row in 4 seasons!
But if he is going to go, can he please take whoever (if anyone) was in charge of team fitness (Dennis Lawrence? Graham Barrow?) with him because although fitness levels were never great under Martinez they were particularly bad before the new year this season for the team in general and a certain Chilean winger in particular who would not have got a game for any other premiership club with that paunch!
Sorry, just thought I would get that out of my system before he goes.

Found this on a wigan forum, a few of them dont rate him.

i can only guess and take a stab in the dark , but id say vic wanted the everton job , everton (or bill to be exact) dont want him .
everton (bill) wants martinez. id say the slow reaction of martinez probably points to him not exactly wanting the everton job.
the slow reaction from everton to sign up vic means he gets the hint and now means he is now looking to be in work before his bridges are burnt.
vic will sign with porto short term , martinez will stay at wigan , we will get weir or stubbs as there is no other plans in place.

this is sooooooooooooooooooo going to happen!

Reprtedly, Whelan wants £5 mill compo for Martinez!!!

Got that the wrong way round, they should pay us £5 mill to take this failure.

No to Martinez.

Nar, na, na, he wants £1m compo for Martinez and the rest is to cover his medical bill for when he broke is leg!. You do know know he broke is leg in an FA Cup final right?!...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back