Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the championship playoff final and when the interviewer asked Holloway about losing Zaha he said "The big wigs get the good players all the time, that's what happens". So you can imagine Wigan trying to sign players good enough to do well in the prem isn't easy, especially whilst reducing the wage budget. He was also unlucky with injuries to their better defenders.
All that being said lets hope Pereira is announced as the new boss

I'd agree its tough and there certainly not gonna be able to go out and buy top notch established defenders but if this guy is good enough to be touted for big jobs like ours then surely he can find better or good enough not to be shipping 70 goals season in season out.

Not sure where the "I only want a Year" has come from, the story only says "time", it makes no reference to "A Year", so he might have asked for 3?

The headline of the piece in question says:

SAD ofereceu dois anos de contrato a Vítor Pereira

Treinador só quer uma temporada

This seems to say he does only want one season. In the article rather than the headline it replaces temporada (season) with epocha (time) although maybe epocha can mean season as well.

Pereira has been spotted on the Northern Rail train from Manchester to Liverpool!

dgruwg.jpg

Why everyone so suprised he may only want 1yr???

It's clearly not a match made in heaven an perhaps he doesn't want to comit himself into being tied into them for anymore than a 1yr. Also a lot easier getting that next job if no compo needs sorting.

I'll tell you what tho, if this rumour is true...
I seriously don't think bill has been in for him at all !!

Iv'e got the bleach on hand if this falls through... Oh what did i expect?

Come on Everton, please turn this around.

I seriously don't think bill has been in for him at all !!

Neither do I, I just can't ever see us going for someone like him.

He's got a decent record as a coach but there more to running a club, especially our club, than just coaching the first team.

I never once thought we were in for him, I just think he's been trying to improve his position whatever he chooses to do.

Future Vítor Pereira in Dragon can be known by the end of next weekOn Writing

Christophe Henrotay, representative Vítor Pereira, says the coach continues to reflect on the renewal proposal submitted to it by FC Porto. "FC Porto made ​​a bid to Vitor Pereira to renew the contract, but there is still no agreement. Vitor Pereira provided the direction that needs some time to reflect on the proposal, and then make a decision. I think at the end of next week Vítor Pereira will be able to respond to the proposal of FC Porto », said in statements to the Renaissance .

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=404760&rss=1

Future Vítor Pereira in Dragon can be known by the end of next week

Christophe Henrotay, representative Vítor Pereira, says the coach continues to reflect on the renewal proposal submitted to it by FC Porto.

"Porto have made ​​a proposal to Vítor Pereira to renew the contract, but there is still no agreement. Vitor Pereira provided the direction that needs some time to reflect on the proposal, and then make a decision. I think at the end of next week Vítor Pereira will be able to respond to the proposal of FC Porto », said in remarks to the Renaissance.

i can only guess and take a stab in the dark , but id say vic wanted the everton job , everton (or bill to be exact) dont want him .
everton (bill) wants martinez. id say the slow reaction of martinez probably points to him not exactly wanting the everton job.
the slow reaction from everton to sign up vic means he gets the hint and now means he is now looking to be in work before his bridges are burnt.
vic will sign with porto short term , martinez will stay at wigan , we will get weir or stubbs as there is no other plans in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back