Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez's decision is due on Tuesday. Maybe we won't hear anything about Vitor's decision today. Maybe he changes his mind and will announce his choice tomorrow instead.

Didnt Pereira's agent say he would decide sometime next week, wasnt it folk on twitter saying he'd make a decision today?. Maybe he already as as ive not looked but thats what i read anyway.

Well IF vitor is out of the running.....

I want Redknapp!

*runs, hides and covers eyes and ears*
HarryRedknapp1_1626271a.jpg

One of the Sunday tabloid papers was reporting that Laudrup future in doubt at Swansea due to an internal argument !
Can anyone confirm this ? We could try to go in for Laudrup ?

Meant to be some clout to it, he wants backing in the transfer market, big backing, but the board arent so sure as apparently, Laudrup as told them he will be looking to move on after next season so they dont want to throw money at a manager that is fcuking off.

Okay Martinez fans. Sell me on Martinez without mentioning:

1) Any comparisons to Moyes. Moyes isn't up for the job.

2) The financial restraints at Wigan. I am aware of them. I am also aware he won the FA Cup (just as I'm aware he got relegated).

3) If you want to mention his style of football I'm going to need some more specifics because his teams historically aren't high scoring. Why would I enjoy watching his team?

4) Don't make assumptions. Like "he'll learn from being relegated." How do you know? Lots of managers get relegated and they don't all get better afterwards. You could say something similar about any manager ... I'm sure VP learned a lot from only losing one game in the last two years.

What's his philosophy? Does he like stats? What's the first thing you think he'd do ... like some kind of stamp he'd want to put on the team so it's a "Martinez team?" What's his favourite TV show? You know the important stuff.

I CANNOT wait for Vitor to sign a new Porto contract, and watch this place implode in faux outrage at Bill, again. Again, blues never learn.
I think I understand what you are getting at (that BK wouldn't be willing to or able to appoint someone like VP) but to what end? I'm no BK-fan but there has to a middle ground between "naive hysterics" and Davek FFS. We're not all on the extreme end of either side. Some of us are just having some fun and passing the time while we wait for a new manager.

Now in fairness he might be the dogs but this level of hysteria - just to ignore the good things Martinez did at Swansea and Wigan (oh yeh he did ..... find out about what he had to do to the wagebill before saying he was always in a relegation fight) - sheeple
I think people are barking up the wrong tree that the VP "hysteria" is somehow blurring our vision when it comes to judging Martinez. I was (somewhat jokingly) saying "Martinez out" in 2012 when he was first seriously rumoured as a potential replacement should Moyes leave. The only difference in my opinion on Martinez between now and then is that there are a handful of (potentially unrealistic) candidates who are far preferable for us to focus on as an alternative to the boring choice of Martinez.

Sure I've relatively recently jumped on the VP bandwagon but I have been on the "no to Martinez" bandwagon for quite some time.

... not to mention we've had a decade of "yeah but Moyes doesn't have the finances of the clubs finishing above him in the league" debate and now we have to do it all over again so people can defend Martinez's lousy league record? Ugh. Not that it's not a valid argument to some extent but like Martinez himself I'm bored of it before it's even started.

While it's not debatable that many here have focussed on the relegation exclusively (it's a fact)
End of? I didn't realize it was a fact. I just thought that was your perception of things. My apologies.

i can only guess and take a stab in the dark , but id say vic wanted the everton job , everton (or bill to be exact) dont want him .
everton (bill) wants martinez. id say the slow reaction of martinez probably points to him not exactly wanting the everton job.
the slow reaction from everton to sign up vic means he gets the hint and now means he is now looking to be in work before his bridges are burnt.
vic will sign with porto short term , martinez will stay at wigan , we will get weir or stubbs as there is no other plans in place.
I'd say you're probably 100% spot on

Okay Martinez fans. Sell me on Martinez without mentioning:

1) Any comparisons to Moyes. Moyes isn't up for the job.

2) The financial restraints at Wigan. I am aware of them. I am also aware he won the FA Cup (just as I'm aware he got relegated).

3) If you want to mention his style of football I'm going to need some more specifics because his teams historically aren't high scoring. Why would I enjoy watching his team?

4) Don't make assumptions. Like "he'll learn from being relegated." How do you know? Lots of managers get relegated and they don't all get better afterwards. You could say something similar about any manager ... I'm sure VP learned a lot from only losing one game in the last two years.

What's his philosophy? Does he like stats? What's the first thing you think he'd do ... like some kind of stamp he'd want to put on the team so it's a "Martinez team?" What's his favourite TV show? You know the important stuff.

I think I understand what you are getting at (that BK wouldn't be willing to or able to appoint someone like VP) but to what end? I'm no BK-fan but there has to a middle ground between "naive hysterics" and Davek FFS. We're not all on the extreme end of either side. Some of us are just having some fun and passing the time while we wait for a new manager.

I think people are barking up the wrong tree that the VP "hysteria" is somehow blurring our vision when it comes to judging Martinez. I was (somewhat jokingly) saying "Martinez out" in 2012 when he was first seriously rumoured as a potential replacement should Moyes leave. The only difference in my opinion on Martinez between now and then is that there are a handful of (potentially unrealistic) candidates who are far preferable for us to focus on as an alternative to the boring choice of Martinez.

Sure I've relatively recently jumped on the VP bandwagon but I have been on the "no to Martinez" bandwagon for quite some time.

... not to mention we've had a decade of "yeah but Moyes doesn't have the finances of the clubs finishing above him in the league" debate and now we have to do it all over again so people can defend Martinez's lousy league record? Ugh. Not that it's not a valid argument to some extent but like Martinez himself I'm bored of it before it's even started.

End of? I didn't realize it was a fact. I just thought that was your perception of things. My apologies.

Not the first time you posted these fair and good comments but Martinez lovers do not dare to reply.

Nar, na, na, he wants £1m compo for Martinez and the rest is to cover his medical bill for when he broke is leg!. You do know know he broke is leg in an FA Cup final right?!...............

Ye right,Whelan is taking his leg to the hosie tomorrow,Bobbies going with him,that's what I was told

Am I getting the wrong end of the stick, why would an employee who has been offered a 2 year contract turn around and say no i'd only like one year thanks. That makes no sense, or am I misunderstanding?

Exactly. PdC - 'here Vitor, we propose you a new 2 year deal and you'll only get 10-15m Euros of the Moutinho & Rodriguez fees to spend on new players!', VP - 'Cheers boss but ive got a better idea, give me 10-15m Euros but only with a one year deal, hows that sound?!'.

Why would you come back and say you'll do one year instead?. IF true i think they'll tell him to do one and bring someone else in!.

Meant to be some clout to it, he wants backing in the transfer market, big backing, but the board arent so sure as apparently, Laudrup as told them he will be looking to move on after next season so they dont want to throw money at a manager that is fcuking off.

Big backing ? Not much good coming here then me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back