Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
odds narrowed to 10/11 for Martinez on SkyBet, Vitor and Lennon each 7/1.
Paddypower are actually listing Jamie Carragher!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today is the day that Martinez will reveal if he's staying or moving on. If it's announced today he's moving on, then we know he's our new manager. You don't just up and leave a sound steady job if you don't have another job to go to it's as simple as that.

It won't be Stoke either as they're set to announce Mark Hughes.

I've already stated that I don't want Martinez and listed the many reasons why, in a nutshell he just isn't good enough.

But it's obvious it's going to be him so I've got to the stage where I just want him announced so he can get on with preparing for next season.

I'm absolutely dreading his transfer moves though! That was Moyes' biggest strength.

....I couldn't get on here late last night and I know you folk are bob on with breaking news so I presume you are aware of leaks coming out of Russia that a Slavan Bilic is the man. The stumbling block is amount of compensation but it looks like he's our No1 target and it appears he has visited FF in the past few weeks. Apologies if this has already been poo poo'd, but he was 40-1 last night and worth a few quid.
Off to work now and lets see what the day brings.

Martinez

Steve Wigan explained that a few days ago. Business doesn't give a running commentary while going through the
process of making appointments to high positions, so why would we expect Premier League football clubs to? I'm paraphrasing
there.

Even so, I am getting impatient. I thought we'd have a decision on Monday.

Martinez is still making his mind up.....dont be impatient till he is back off his siesta lar

Well today is the day that Martinez will reveal if he's staying or moving on. If it's announced today he's moving on, then we know he's our new manager. You don't just up and leave a sound steady job if you don't have another job to go to it's as simple as that.

It won't be Stoke either as they're set to announce Mark Hughes.

I've already stated that I don't want Martinez and listed the many reasons why, in a nutshell he just isn't good enough.

But it's obvious it's going to be him so I've got to the stage where I just want him announced so he can get on with preparing for next season.

I'm absolutely dreading his transfer moves though! That was Moyes' biggest strength.

Our scouts haven't changed, we should still be able to pick a few bargains out.

I wasn't sure at first but I think he'll do alright. The players we've got will suit his style. He might even give us a derby win??

martinez-ins-outs.png

Look at the amount of players that left on free transfers, Diame, Bramble, Rodallega, all players that would have fetched a couple of million at least. His net spend could look so much better. It must be difficult to get players to sign new contracts at Wigan.

....I couldn't get on here late last night and I know you folk are bob on with breaking news so I presume you are aware of leaks coming out of Russia that a Slavan Bilic is the man. The stumbling block is amount of compensation but it looks like he's our No1 target and it appears he has visited FF in the past few weeks. Apologies if this has already been poo poo'd, but he was 40-1 last night and worth a few quid.

Wouldn't say no to Bilic, as he looks like a good manager in the making.

Look at the amount of players that left on free transfers, Diame, Bramble, Rodallega, all players that would have fetched a couple of million at least. His net spend could look so much better. It must be difficult to get players to sign new contracts at Wigan.

So his net spend isn't -£11.65m but £1m? And if those players weren't signing new contracts then the genius should have sold them a season earlier.

He also made good signings at Swansea with Ashley Williams, don't know how much for but he now worth a lot more.

Our scouts haven't changed, we should still be able to pick a few bargains out.
Haven't they? I thought our top scout was pinched by Chelsea a few months back and Moyes is now taking the chief scout with him as part of his backroom staff?

there are also reports that IF Martinez moves, he'll be taking his chief scout with him.

that doesn't fill me with much confidence either.

Wouldn't say no to Bilic, as he looks like a good manager in the making.

(C) Kurt 2013
Kurt said:
Bilic - Knobend

Last edited:
Haven't they? I thought our top scout was pinched by Chelsea a few months back and Moyes is now taking the chief scout with him as part of his backroom staff?

there are also reports that IF Martinez moves, he'll be taking his chief scout with him

We don't even know if Martinez is the manager, never mind who the chief of scout will be

there are also reports that IF Martinez moves, he'll be taking his chief scout with him.

That doesn't sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back