Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember his Swansea days that team Brenda inherited was his - I just like the way he gets unknown players in forced to sell them at the end of the season & just replaces them foe a few million - on our budget that's an ideal quality I like!

Tbf tho in his Swansea days, yes he started the revolution of a different style of play which was lauded by the media ect BUT suprise, suprise what was there weakness?? Defending and leaking goals! It was a Sousa that came in and sired up the defensive side of things with the same players, admittedly at the expense of attacking football. Rogers then came in and made a couple of really good signings tweaked the tactics keeping the possession based football with a solid back line.

It seems a habit/weakness of Martinez that he doesn't know how to organize a defense. Would he accept help? Admit his tactics need tweaking to sure up a solid back line??
That's the million dollar questions for me....

Why I want him is he got experience in this league and understand this league, he had experience with Swansea and Wigan, and is still only 39, won the F.A cup for a club who never won anything and also got promotion at Swansea. He had to shrink the wage bill at wigan while expanding the team. He comes across as a classy fella. He can work on a budget and bought good players on a small budget. He believes in attacking football. He is one of the best young managers working in English football. We could do a lot worse then Martinez, most of the Wigan fans want him to stay even tho he took them down. He the same as Moyes in the way he a perfectionist. There is a good post on here about Martinez if you wanner know more. http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/. He would be great if we could get a defensive number 2 for him like we got an attacking number 2 for Moyes.

Thanks,

I´ve read the article. Fantastic that Martinezes teams do not suffer injury pile ups! That will be a welcome change.

Can´t say I´m convinced. It´s alright perking up positive aspects of the mans personality, but the reality is that Wigan 4 years under Martinez´s stewardship were still absolutely woeful defensively.

Thanks,

I´ve read the article. Fantastic that Martinezes teams do not suffer injury pile ups! That will be a welcome change.

Can´t say I´m convinced. It´s alright perking up positive aspects of the mans personality, but the reality is that Wigan 4 years under Martinez´s stewardship were still absolutely woeful defensively.

His excuse for going down was injuries. He chats poo.

Thanks,

That is everyone main concern to be honest. All managers come with a risk. I would rather take one with Martinez then Hughes or any internal appointment.

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m Wigan chairman Dave Whelan is to meet with manager Roberto Martinez at 1pm - more coming up on #ssn

So, if Bobby and Captain Snappy Leg are meeting at exactly 1pm (according to Sky), what time can do we think we will find out that the decision has been pushed back to next Wednesday?

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m Wigan chairman Dave Whelan is to meet with manager Roberto Martinez at 1pm - more coming up on #ssn

Only a couple of hours then 'til all hell breaks loose?

All+Hell+Is+Breaking+Loose.jpg

Since yesterday was a bank holiday, and Martinez was delaying his decision as of over the weekend, i was expecting an announcement from the club today.
But since then, both rumours and progress in the deal seems to have stalled. Not looking likely today, is it?
Then again, this might be the calm before the storm.

Christ, there it goes.
ETA for new manager: 90 minutes.

Here's hoping Whelan is an awesome persuader, and that he'll have Martinez stay at Wigan.
I'm not much against Martinez, but there are other targets i'd prefer quite strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back