Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So his net spend isn't -£11.65m but £1m? And if those players weren't signing new contracts then the genius should have sold them a season earlier.

What? No, he let those players go for free. If he'd sold them for a combined fee of £10m then his net spend works be -£21m. How do you know that other teams were interested in these players? The likelihood is that no one wanted them as they would be available for free within a year.

Thanks a link at last,the mirror again ! metro next ?
They had Weir as manager on friday,one thing I have noticed is what is topic on here appears on that web page.
Hmm,food for thought.
Weir did that come from.
You said you hadn't seen or heard ANYTHING about Martinez taking his chief scout with him. I provided the link in which I said it was reported. The validity or strength of the report is obviously questionable as it's a tabloid, but I was simply sharing and backing up my claim that it was reported, to remove your doubts.

Being honest, I do share you concerns, it could go badly wrong as I've said. Sometimes though, the style of management can suit the circumstances. Sam Allaedyce was the right choice to get West Ham back to where they are now but that doesn't mean I want him or Pulis (who did exactly what was asked of him at Stoke) at Everton, Moyes was definitely the right man at the right time for us, but even he rode his luck a little in avoiding the drop. Rednapp has had success and failure depending on the size of club he's at.

All I'm saying is, looking broadly at football managers over time, a bit of luck at the right time is often the difference between being regarded as a genius or an idiot.

This is true in my opinion. As I´ve said before, the fluke of Nigel Martyns Indian summer saved us from the drop in 03/04.

Look to replace DM will be hard - again we here from the Man U site he is taken most of our backroom staff - no compensation for them again I suspect we are in the position of trusting a very poor businessman in BK - VP is not coming I can bank on that BK forum are saying that this am!

You said you hadn't seen or heard ANYTHING about Martinez taking his chief scout with him. I provided the link in which I said it was reported. The validity or strength of the report is obviously questionable as it's a tabloid, but I was simply sharing and backing up my claim that it was reported, to remove your doubts.

That Bourneblue just argues or patronises people then goes missing, Weirdo. the majority of us are only on her to discuss and debate Everton. I think he got bullied in school mate.

I promised Ijjy I wouldn't mention the surname in question so I can't help you mate.

As to the neck question I'm presuming it's in there somewhere. If not then that's a mighty fine looking corpse.

p.s. here's her brother as a kid to give you a clue:

r-TYLER-WALSH-large570.jpg

Its not him is it?

Weir_2796603.jpg

They say his Wigan played great in one game out of four.

Why is it you want him?
Why I want him is he got experience in this league and understand this league, he had experience with Swansea and Wigan, and is still only 39, won the F.A cup for a club who never won anything and also got promotion at Swansea. He had to shrink the wage bill at wigan while expanding the team. He comes across as a classy fella. He can work on a budget and bought good players on a small budget. He believes in attacking football. He is one of the best young managers working in English football. We could do a lot worse then Martinez, most of the Wigan fans want him to stay even tho he took them down. He the same as Moyes in the way he a perfectionist. There is a good post on here about Martinez if you wanner know more. http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/. He would be great if we could get a defensive number 2 for him like we got an attacking number 2 for Moyes.

I can't be optimisitic anymore - Kenwright hasn't got any bold ideas or strategy about a new manager taking us forward in a new direction, and isn't in serious negotiation with Perreira or even Martinez.

He's just ****ting himself about when is the right time media wise to announce Stubbs and usher in the era of selling Fellaini, Baines etc at values that seem unusually less than market value.

Looking at the Michael Laudrup article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22680217

Doesn't half have you tearing your hair out at the state of the modern game.

I've just spent 5 mins looking through Laudrup's managerial background and it's a constant run of indifferent/reasonable performance followed by a tame disagreement with the club after a couple of years before he sods off.

Same happening above with Swansea it seems.

It's enough to strike him off my list anyway.

Does anyone know if Everton have made an approach for Martinez ?
If they have why hasn't he accepted ? Does anyone want someone who as got to go away and think about it ?
I want a manager who comes right out and say's I want to go to,Everton .

Does anyone know if Everton have made an approach for Martinez ?
If they have why hasn't he accepted ? Does anyone want someone who as got to go away and think about it ?
I want a manager who comes right out and say's I want to go to,Everton .

Reminisicent of some of our transfer dealings that we never had a hope of concluding. Mess around for a few weeks unsettling the player and his club until either or both have had enough and put an end to the charade. But it's in the media that we tried.

Why we're doing this with the manager's position is worrying in terms of an internal appt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back