Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez has shown no progress, zero in 4 years of being there.

Look, I know that TV money, finishing 4th & finishing as high as you can in the table to get the most money are apparently the purposes of football nowadays.

But winning the F.A Cup for the first time in a clubs history is a huge achievement, no matter how you want to paint it.

The worst thing about this whole manager lark is how the media are making up stories to fit in with whatever the bookies fancy offering that day, I haven't seen one solid quote from anybody yet.

I promised Ijjy I wouldn't mention the surname in question so I can't help you mate.

As to the neck question I'm presuming it's in there somewhere. If not then that's a mighty fine looking corpse.

p.s. here's her brother as a kid to give you a clue:

r-TYLER-WALSH-large570.jpg

Haha got it.

No he won't be our manager, at least we know we'll get someone a bit more understated with some class.

It's all about expectations lads, Martinez done the job to Wigans expectations, at Goodison those expectations would rise. I think the current squad would give him an idea of what is required aswel.

Thanks a link at last,the mirror again ! metro next ?
They had Weir as manager on friday,one thing I have noticed is what is topic on here appears on that web page.
Hmm,food for thought.
Weir did that come from.[/QUOTE

5 million my backside, what rolling contract all's Martinez has to state he is resigning from Wigan & accept the proposed EFC job then DW can fight for his compensation which a tribunal is a years salary not 5 million -I bet he was not on 67k per week like DM - BK no compensation -what a great businessman strikes again!

So, you don't consider the fact that Moyes has been able to pay much better wages than Martinez to attract a better class of player has any outcome on this? Added to the fact that Everton are a much bigger draw for players than Wigan will ever be.
If you're asking was I expecting Martinez to progress Wigan in the same way Moyes did for us then the answer would be no. But for his reputation, I would have expected SOME kind of progress. If anything they've gone backwards. But hey, lets all convince ourselves he's the dogs doo dahs eh?

They also had the 'capacity' to sink without trace.

The bottom line is that Martinez took a side that were midtable in the PL, out of the trap door. Yes OK he was up against it in terms of finance, but so was Bruce before him, as was Moyes at Everton. Those 2 got results that exceeded their budgets, Martinez didn't. I just don't see what the man has done in the game to warrant the level he's being pitched at.

Sadly this is difficult to argue against

C_71_article_1520115_image_list_image_list_item_0_image-654928.jpg

I think the players would respond well to Martinez.

You have to remember his Swansea days that team Brenda inherited was his - I just like the way he gets unknown players in forced to sell them at the end of the season & just replaces them foe a few million - on our budget that's an ideal quality I like!

You have to remember his Swansea days that team Brenda inherited was his - I just like the way he gets unknown players in forced to sell them at the end of the season & just replaces them foe a few million - on our budget that's an ideal quality I like!

But unless I'm mistaken he's not done that and improved the team in any real sense?

They also had the 'capacity' to sink without trace.

The bottom line is that Martinez took a side that were midtable in the PL, out of the trap door. Yes OK he was up against it in terms of finance, but so was Bruce before him, as was Moyes at Everton. Those 2 got results that exceeded their budgets, Martinez didn't. I just don't see what the man has done in the game to warrant the level he's being pitched at.

Being honest, I do share you concerns, it could go badly wrong as I've said. Sometimes though, the style of management can suit the circumstances. Sam Allaedyce was the right choice to get West Ham back to where they are now but that doesn't mean I want him or Pulis (who did exactly what was asked of him at Stoke) at Everton, Moyes was definitely the right man at the right time for us, but even he rode his luck a little in avoiding the drop. Rednapp has had success and failure depending on the size of club he's at.

All I'm saying is, looking broadly at football managers over time, a bit of luck at the right time is often the difference between being regarded as a genius or an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back