Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Moyes took over, we were in a similar position to Wigan, struggling at the foot of the table. We soon made terrific progress spending little in the process. Martinez has shown no progress, zero in 4 years of being there.

So, you don't consider the fact that Moyes has been able to pay much better wages than Martinez to attract a better class of player has any outcome on this? Added to the fact that Everton are a much bigger draw for players than Wigan will ever be.

have we got a new boss yet? no...who thinks we will by the end of today?
No, but I would expect to hear confirmation that we are in talks with Martinez ... I think we will hear whealan saying he's just going for a chat with bill but expects and hopes he chooses to stay. Bla bla bla....

Looking at some of their forums, Wigan fans seem to be split in wanting RM to stay or not.

Can´t coach defensive play, unstable, system never worked, didn´t push us on is some of the negatives I´ve seen.

The positives seem largely to center around his knowing the club and that a change of manager would make getting back in to the prem harder.

Can´t say I´m overly enthusiastic about Martinez. Everything about him seems mediocre.

When Moyes took over, we were in a similar position to Wigan, struggling at the foot of the table. We soon made terrific progress spending little in the process. Martinez has shown no progress, zero in 4 years of being there.

Everton, as a club, had the capacity to improve.

You're right mate.

Just heard a little birdie tell me that this lady below's brother is now the only man in the market with Paddy Power at 5/1 apart from Mr Martinez at a general 10/11

1385408-bigthumbnail.jpg

Who is this lady and why doesn't she have a neck?

Everton, as a club, had the capacity to improve.

They also had the 'capacity' to sink without trace.

The bottom line is that Martinez took a side that were midtable in the PL, out of the trap door. Yes OK he was up against it in terms of finance, but so was Bruce before him, as was Moyes at Everton. Those 2 got results that exceeded their budgets, Martinez didn't. I just don't see what the man has done in the game to warrant the level he's being pitched at.

Who is this lady and why doesn't she have a neck?

I promised Ijjy I wouldn't mention the surname in question so I can't help you mate.

As to the neck question I'm presuming it's in there somewhere. If not then that's a mighty fine looking corpse.

p.s. here's her brother as a kid to give you a clue:

r-TYLER-WALSH-large570.jpg

They also had the 'capacity' to sink without trace.

The bottom line is that Martinez took a side that were midtable in the PL, out of the trap door. Yes OK he was up against it in terms of finance, but so was Bruce before him, as was Moyes at Everton. Those 2 got results that exceeded their budgets, Martinez didn't. I just don't see what the man has done in the game to warrant the level he's being pitched at.

You're right, but stuff like this happens in all walks of life.

For example the [Poor language removed] in my place of work who I know from working closely with him for two years is a complete waste of space, but others who don't know him as well but occasionally work with him think he's brilliant and that the sun shines out of his arse.

Or the knobhead kid from school who nobody likes but somehow manages to stay on the teachers' good sides and so ends up getting good grades.

Martinez has done nothing special, but seems to have forged a decent name for himself and so finds himself linked with jobs above what he should be able to get.

The amount of utter bells playing wind-up games in this thread has gone silly now.

And in case any gullible types are going for it. Bookies adjust odds whenever a bet is placed. If Wurzel Gummidge stuck a grand on Neil Lennon he'd be 1/12 on. That means you'd have to stick 12 quid on to win a pound. It doesn't make him any more or less likely to get it.

Also you don't need little birdies to give you info from bookies. They advertise their odds for the world to see and bet upon. There are few genuine ITK's anywhere. Of the few on this site who know the score none of them have posted to say who it'll be.

Everything you're reading is speculation from that persons POV. Don't be fooled into thinking it's anything else.

Looking at some of their forums, Wigan fans seem to be split in wanting RM to stay or not.

Can´t coach defensive play, unstable, system never worked, didn´t push us on is some of the negatives I´ve seen.

The positives seem largely to center around his knowing the club and that a change of manager would make getting back in to the prem harder.

Can´t say I´m overly enthusiastic about Martinez. Everything about him seems mediocre.
Swap defensive with attacking and getting back in the PL with pushing for CL and you have the two camps on this forum re: Moyes

I promised Ijjy I wouldn't mention the surname in question so I can't help you mate.

As to the neck question I'm presuming it's in there somewhere. If not then that's a mighty fine looking corpse.

p.s. here's her brother as a kid to give you a clue:

You banging this particular drum, has become tiresome beyond belief tbh

what aload of crap, and you couldn't find any more positives from the Wigan forums then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back