Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. This place is going to go into overdrive isn't it? I'm not sure I can handle this. I've been saying for days that I just want to know what going on but now I'm too nervous. I can't even type in proper paragraphs anymore. I really hope he stays at Wigan I don't want him. Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Looking at the Michael Laudrup article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22680217

Doesn't half have you tearing your hair out at the state of the modern game.

I've just spent 5 mins looking through Laudrup's managerial background and it's a constant run of indifferent/reasonable performance followed by a tame disagreement with the club after a couple of years before he sods off.

Same happening above with Swansea it seems.

It's enough to strike him off my list anyway.

Couldn´t agree more.

If it is him and all this uncertainty ,I wonder if Martinez is unsure about his own capabilities what with turning the r/s down
Perhaps he is more comfortable at a smaller club,just a thought

Christ, there it goes.
ETA for new manager: 90 minutes.

Here's hoping Whelan is an awesome persuader, and that he'll have Martinez stay at Wigan.
I'm not much against Martinez, but there are other targets i'd prefer quite strongly.
Who?

Pereira has no chance; do you honestly trust Bill Kenwright to pull off signing us the coach of FC Porto who've just won the Portuguese league? Absolutely zero chance of that happening, same with Bielsa, Jorge Jesus or the likes. Forget that.

So it then comes down to Martinez or an internal appointment, and I know which option I'd prefer.

Welcome to Everton, Roberto.

My prediction - he strikes me as a decent guy Roberto Martinez. Therefore I reckon he will give Wigan another season in an attempt to get them back up.

this was posted by a wigan fan, on the everton thread on betfair

martinez will today find out that whelan is backing his plans for wigan athletic's future and will remain in charge at the club for the forseeable future

If it is him and all this uncertainty ,I wonder if Martinez is unsure about his own capabilities what with turning the r/s down
Perhaps he is more comfortable at a smaller club,just a thought

Apparently he only turned the ****e down because they couldn't offer him full control of signings etc.

My prediction - he strikes me as a decent guy Roberto Martinez. Therefore I reckon he will give Wigan another season in an attempt to get them back up.

That's a massive risk for him though, as that league is incredibly tough to escape from - just ask Wolves fans, who probably hoped they'd be bouncing back this May!

If he does nothing in the Championship then his stock will dramatically fall & he may never get to the level where he's got chance of a job at the level of EFC ever again - such is the fickle nature of football management.

I think he'll cash his chips in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back