Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are Wigan not allowed to buy decent defenders or stop playing 3 at the back when they're conceding more than 75 goals a season?

These decent defenders would demand a transfer fee and decent wages, something Wigan can't offer so they have to shop around looking for past there sell by date players at the end of there career or gamble on potential. Either way its not a good situation to be in.

As has been stated, he will have a larger budget here and a squad of players who have just finished 6th. Don't automatically assume he is going to bring Wigan players with him. Likewise moyes will be identifying players for united, he could only dream about signing for us, due to an increased budget. Laudrup would have been my preferred option but nevertheless if Martinez does come here, the fans will get behind him.

The fans will be behind him, but how much patience will there be with a recently relegated manager with a poor record?

The more I think about it, the more Martinez just seems like a huge anticlimax..

I didn't expect anyone bigger than him to be fair

I never thought we'd get the feller from Porto

I've resigned myself to Martinez. He'll have my full support should he come in, until we ship 15 goals after 3 games that is, scoring 10 in response

I want a snidey bugger who'll have us grinding 1-0 wins to be honest. Been saying this for months

Ideally I'd like Zola who would be a mixture of the two, but I doubt he's coming

Evertons 11 next season

Thomas Mhyre
Marco Materazzi
Richard Gough
Dave Watson
Michael Ball
John Collins
Olivier Dacourt
Mitch Ward
Gareth Farrelly
Ibrahima Bakayoko
Mickael Madar

The Walter Smith days are here again.

Evertons 11 next season

Thomas Mhyre
Marco Materazzi
Richard Gough
Dave Watson
Michael Ball
John Collins
Olivier Dacourt
Mitch Ward
Gareth Farrelly
Ibrahima Bakayoko
Mickael Madar

The Walter Smith days are here again.

I think Stubbs might get a game though mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back