Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the talks will go well and he'll get the job. I'm made up with this. Its the right move for our club.

Not inspired if it happens, but at least its not MON or Hughes. Doesn't mean it won't work though.
As with most supporters, he'll have my full support whoever it is.

There has been a complete over reaction for 2 weeks now over this vitor guy from Porto. He's in a weak league with port and benfica the only real contenders. He could of been a complete failure (quite easily).

Who are these others we could of gone for?? I don't see any stand out candidates tbh.

I wasn't keen on Martinez but tbh I wasn't keen on vitor or anyone else for that matter, even laudrup who I would say is better than Martinez but wouldn't stay long and would cost a fortune to get.

Great managers have been relagated, I thin the goals conceded on the back if playing 3 at the back is making it seem as its inept tactics causing there relegation. Truth is they would probably of gone down at some point anyway, it was always gonna happen to a club there size.

There are concerns with him but also a lot of plus points. Lets see how it goes, and be positive!

There has been a complete over reaction for 2 weeks now over this vitor guy from Porto. He's in a weak league with port and benfica the only real contenders. He could of been a complete failure (quite easily).

Who are these others we could of gone for?? I don't see any stand out candidates tbh.

I wasn't keen on Martinez but tbh I wasn't keen on vitor or anyone else for that matter, even laudrup who I would say is better than Martinez but wouldn't stay long and would cost a fortune to get.

Great managers have been relagated, I thin the goals conceded on the back if playing 3 at the back is making it seem as its inept tactics causing there relegation. Truth is they would probably of gone down at some point anyway, it was always gonna happen to a club there size.

There are concerns with him but also a lot of plus points. Lets see how it goes, and be positive!

Apparently all these European managers would jump at the chance to join skintless Everton.

They must have spent hours on hold trying to get through to Bill's office to make their interest known ;)

That's the point Christiffa

Martinez = Low win rate but that was with Wigan, a side run on an extremely low budget, wages, Rugby being a better fit for the town than football. The guy did miracles to keep them in the Premiership for so long in my opinion.

Vitor = Who honestly knows how good a coach he is or much about him before Moyes left, I'm sorry I follow English football as much as the next person but never ever followed Portguese football so would never know = another risk, another Mike Walker maybe who knows?

Laudrup = Look at how many clubs he has managed in the last few years, hardly one for continuity on paper but again who knows, was actually sacked by Spartak Moscow so does that make him another risk.

Any manager is a risk, no one knows how they fit to be honest I bet QPR thought they had the right man in Redknapp as a saviour but it fell flat on its face.

If its Martinez than I back him, this job is equally as hard to replace Moyes as it is Ferguson at the other gaff to be replaced.

Although you have put it rather insultingly, this is my point... Martinez wouldn't suit us at all, and would get us relegated if he tried to play 'proper football' with the players we've got. Mark Hughes won't be an inspiring appointment for us, but I would feel safer in his hands rather than Martinez's given the squad we've got
Yeah I was just joking and I said the same thing myself a while back ... even if you rate Martinez as a manager I think he'd be a terrible fit for your players. Hughes should be able to keep you safe as long as you don't have a bad run of injuries. I doubt he'd outperform "safety" though.

A League that Everton would do well to finish 4th or 5th. The EPL is average bar the top 4/5. Its really not that great.

Sorry, but I've never understood this point. Particularly when you compare it to RM. I mean, in most leagues around Europe and even the world i would guess there are 2-3 teams that are nearly always near the top. I could even remove the PL from that because the amount of money contained within it can't be compared to other leagues, but even so.

Lets say that hypothetically that that argument is true. So what would that make Porto in terms of the PL standard of team. 5th, 6th??? In which case.......??? Or would you say if Porto joined the league they would do a Wigan?

Sorry, but I've never understood this point. Particularly when you compare it to RM. I mean, in most leagues around Europe and even the world i would guess there are 2-3 teams that are nearly always near the top. I could even remove the PL from that because the amount of money contained within it can't be compared to other leagues, but even so.

Lets say that hypothetically that that argument is true. So what would that make Porto in terms of the PL standard of team. 5th, 6th??? In which case.......??? Or would you say if Porto joined the league they would do a Wigan?

Mate! They would be lucky to shine the shoes of the hartlepool united team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back