Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenwright on ssn

Kenwright said their is a list

week 1 interviewed internals

week 2 interviewed out of contracts end of season

week 3 interviewing martinez and other people on list so i take it malky and lennon

a few names where thrown at him names where mackay martinez lennon

his response was we have no favorite and their is no favorite

and said evertonians told him who they want

Vitors still on lads well thats a big if he doesnt sign the one year deal this week

If Martinez is our number 1 choice, why did we (according to Whelan), ask permission to speak to him if talks broke down about staying at Wigan. Surely you'd want to speak to him regardless, in the hope of persuading him that we were a better option? This suggests that we were prepared to give up on Martinez if he chose Wigan, indicating that he is maybe a back-up candidate?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8741348/

"I will meet Roberto in the next 48 hours and he's on the list, as I've always said. No more than on the list.

"I said we'd be making a list, and Evertonians have been great as I indicated I thought they would be.

"They've certainly bombarded me with their thoughts and they're not a million miles away from mine.

"You always get the odd one that thinks he's got the only idea, and there are a few plumbers and electricians who think they can manage Everton, but in the main Evertonians and myself are sort of on the same page.

"The most gratifying thing is 90% of them said 'you didn't let us down last time, go with your gut instinct and hopefully you'll get it right again'.

"There's no way I or anyone can say 'we'll get the right man' but I certainly will put everything into getting it right and getting the right DNA for Everton Football Club. That's very important."

Pressed on whether Neil Lennon, Malky Mackay or Michael Laudrup were potential targets, Kenwright said: "There is a list. No favourite - not at this moment."
--------------------------------------------------------

Well, that must surely rule out an internal once & for all, as there's been no-one calling for that.

It's still highly probable that Martinez is a shoo in here, but not quite the certainty it appeared yesterday.

you never no mate if pereira signs his contract this week with porto thats ruling him out but you never no he might want to interview everyone first before he makes a decision ,, you never no he prob nos already who he wants could pounce for vitor tomorrow haha wishfull thinking i say it will drag on till next week atleast

I want Pereira. Please, Kenwright just do one thing right.

I was just on fc porto website fan forum they fully expect vitoe pereira to be shown the door this week because of his counter offer looking for the one year contract

You can look at that two ways

1. Vitor was using our club to get a better deal at porto but clearly with his counter offer he doesnt want to be their

2.He is trying to force kenwright into making a decision quick to appoint him??

Either way it seems vitor wont be at porto next season and migh not even have a club then again maybe stoke ? o lord

This means absolutely nothing. Whichever manager he brings in, anybody, he could say that he was told by Evertonians that thats who they wanted. The only argument for you would be that it's not the one that YOU as an Evertonian wanted. It holds no water. It just means he has somebody to blame it on if HE makes the wrong decision.

He can't win then whoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back