Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the choice I'd like us to give Marco Van Basten a shot. Has done a decent job at Herenveen even though he has to almost rebuild his side every year. Plays the game in the right style and feel he could do for us what Laudrup has done at Swansea ie football style etc.

been saying this for ages

The only scenario I can see for us to get someone like that is they want to use us as a stepping stone. Remember if Moyes has left it's because the board refused to support him with funds. So if you're a hot commodity in the manager market why do you sign with EFC over other top-tier clubs here and abroad?

"Stringing along" typically implies some kind of deceit. He pretty much announced (via his assistant manager) that he wants investment or he's leaving. He's probably been even more direct and specific behind closed doors. He stated his demands and the board failed to meet them -- how is he stringing anyone along? Should he have immediately walked out in the middle of the season?

Just to clarify:

A: "Oh yeah sure I'm going to sign one day I've just been busy, my lawyers need to look over it again, I need to change pargraph 7, section B, line 6 a little ..." while all the time talking to other clubs.

B: "If you don't give me some funds to buy players I will definitely leave."

B is not stringing anyone along.

Congratulations on writing disgrace and Bill Kenwright in the same sentence but NOT intended the disgrace to apply to BK ... that might be a first.

If that had happened do you think it would be wise to announce that to the staff, players and fans in the midst of (what was until this past weekend) a hunt for a European spot?

Sometimes it's okay to just say we don't have a clear picture of what is actually going on instead of just making stuff up in your mind and then getting angry at the thing you just invented.

"Good" news: nobody will think the next manager is bigger than Everton Football Club.

You like to multi quote don't you?

Jorge Jesus of Benfica allegedly wants to join an English club. However he is 58 so probably too old.

Why do people keep suggesting people who were good players but have dodgy track records as managers? If you look at the best managers around very few were top class players and some of the best never played at all. Playing and managing are very different things.

I think we picked Van Basten becaus he's doing a good job at Heerenveen.

The lad made that quite clear.

I think we picked Van Basten becaus he's doing a good job at Heerenveen.

The lad made that quite clear.

So he took over a team that finished 5th and has guided them to 7th with one of the lowest goals scored totals in the league.

If he hadn't been a world class footballer he wouldn't even be mentioned.

So he took over a team that finished 5th and has guided them to 7th with one of the lowest goals scored totals in the league.

But he was. So there.

I always want to put an S in front of your name and call you Igor.

Jorge Jesus of Benfica allegedly wants to join an English club. However he is 58 so probably too old.

Why do people keep suggesting people who were good players but have dodgy track records as managers? If you look at the best managers around very few were top class players and some of the best never played at all. Playing and managing are very different things.

You've managed to pick literally the only manager outside of the very top clubs on more dosh than Moyes.

Last edited:

He is doing a good job at Heerenveen.

The club lost 5 KEY players before he even got a chance to take over. Narsingh, Assaidi, Dost, Jamaat & Elm

He had to rebuild with minimal funds, take 5 key players from any team and they will be sufficiently weakened. They also started poorly as a result of that and were in the relegation places for long periods before he turned them around. They could well qualify for Europe again.

He also managed to bring in El Ghanassy on loan - good move.

He also brought in Daniel de Ridder & Alfred Finnbogason for a combined price of about 500 thousand euros - brilliant business.

Good manager.

It'll be us giving him the pay rise then, if he signs again on the same money my respect for him will improve considerably

I honestly think he's reached the stage in his career where he has enough money and the chance to add some trophies to his cv means more than adding a few more zeros to his bank account.

He'll take a cut to go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back