Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think we need one

All of the managers in the running should be capable of doing this on their own

I could only see a DOF being a requirement if the manager needed some extra assistance

I don't think this is the case. I think it's imperitive that when the new manager comes in, he feels that he will have the freedom to shape the club in his own image

You chuck in a DOF, and all of a sudden that goes out the window

I think it would cause problems, if only because we've never had one before

If it was me, and I was a brand new manager, it would undercut my confidence if the club decided to have a DOF just as I signed my deal. I would think "Don't you think I can do this on my own?"

It would be different if the club already had a DOF, because I would treat as just part and parcel of that particular job. But if it was brand new appointment, just as I came in to manage, I would see it as a vote of no confidence from the board before I've even started

The fact is we're never going to find someone who runs the club the same way Moyes did. He was manager, first team coach and director of football rolled into one. If we want to go for someone like Pereira as manager then we have to accept that he is essentially a first team coach, as many European managers are, and a director of football will be needed if we genuinely want continuity in the way Moyes ran the club.

The fact is we're never going to find someone who runs the club the same way Moyes did. He was manager, first team coach and director of football rolled into one. If we want to go for someone like Pereira as manager then we have to accept that he is essentially a first team coach, as many European managers are, and a director of football will be needed if we genuinely want continuity in the way Moyes ran the club.

If Vitor is used to it that way, then I don't think it would effect him. He may even welcome it, which is fair enough

I think the other managers in the running would see it as the board not trusting them

So can we, perhaps, assume then that there is, in fact, two options for BK:

1) Martinez is appointed
2) Vitor is appointed with RR as DOF

Interesting if this is the case, would probably lean towards number 2 tbh

So can we, perhaps, assume then that there is, in fact, two options for BK:

1) Martinez is appointed
2) Vitor is appointed with RR as DOF

Interesting if this is the case, would probably lean towards number 2 tbh

So would I, despite my reservations about a DOF

If Vitor is used to that system, it would probably be a benefit to go that way

I imagine MacKay and Lennon would rather not work with a DOF if they were brought in

maybe having a DOF looking over his shoulder would keep Lennon from losing his rag?

So would I, despite my reservations about a DOF

If Vitor is used to that system, it would probably be a benefit to go that way

I imagine MacKay and Lennon would rather not work with a DOF if they were brought in

maybe having a DOF looking over his shoulder would keep Lennon from losing his rag?

Don't think any British manager would go for a DoF like you say, but maybe BK does defo want Vitor but has looked how things are run over there and feels he also needs a DoF which RR is kind of like at Red Bull Salzburg

Why do we need a DOF, they cost money. To be honest we don't do to much in the transfer window anyway.

Yes but combined, it probably won't take that much to bring Vitor away from FCP (out of contract) and RR away from Salzburg- certainly not as much as the compensation to bring RM away from Wigan

Can someone make this stop, it hurts my eyes reading all this stuff. Don't tell me not to open the thread I'm a junkie for this s***, plus I can't remember which freakin page I was on last time I looked so I've read some of em 3 or 4 times.
BTW I'm in the same boat as neonleon.
"But given the three options I'm in the anyone but Martinez camp."

Yes but combined, it probably won't take that much to bring Vitor away from FCP (out of contract) and RR away from Salzburg- certainly not as much as the compensation to bring RM away from Wigan
I would rather have a manager who can do more then coach mate.

Ralf is 11/1 with Sky Bet.

Can't help but feel they've played the market there - disregard him.

Agreed. For me would be a colossal shock if he got anywhere near the job. If he had to bail from a previous position due to stress he may well see the EFC job as a potentially quite comfortable way to get back into club management. A job where finishing in the top 8 without the hint of a trophy means you get treated like royalty by the chairman. Where he could be secure long term as one of the highest paid club managers in Europe even while winning nothing I guess. There can't be many jobs like this one.

Still, I can't see Bill being too comfortable with someone relatively "unknown" in the UK like RR. Suspect he's a "stalking horse" or someone to create the impression at the very least that we're scouring the globe...

It will be Martinez unless he failed his interview, the rs recken Brendon won the owners over where Martinez didn't. Brendon did have a dosser of 180 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back