Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Some of the names I've seen being quoted on here are nothing short of mental given our current situation. I think Martinez is the best bet because of his bizarre scouting network meaning he can snap up quality from South America for buttons. I'd also have Gus Poyet or Roberto di Matteo. With my sentimental head on, I'd have Bilic, and I know Kanchelskis is doing his badges.

Name one example of that, though.

And sentimental head on - bilic. Wtf? You're getting nostalgic over the way he screwed us over?

Plus we have lots to offer a manager.

We haven't allowed moyes unprecedented control and time, have a chairman and fan who aren't trigger happy?

We don't pay excellent wages, have a team playing in the richest and most exposed league in the world which is about to get even richer and have a very good bunch of players ready to challenge for trophies?

I'd put it as one of the twenty most attractive european clubs to manage.

You guys are too negative, I'm gonna go back to my magical dream world were we get Mourinho and sign Rooney because he's willing to take a 75% wage cut.

We haven't allowed moyes unprecedented control and time, have a chairman and fan who aren't trigger happy?

We don't pay excellent wages, have a team playing in the richest and most exposed league in the world which is about to get even richer and have a very good bunch of players ready to challenge for trophies?

I'd put it as one of the twenty most attractive european clubs to manage.

Moyes was given time due to his Godlike ability.

Every other Manager in the world knows they couldnt have built the team he has for the money he has, they know they would crash and burn.

Moyes was given time due to his Godlike ability.

Every other Manager in the world knows they couldnt have built the team he has for the money he has, they know they would crash and burn.

I do think it could be a poisoned chalice in that Moyes is so well thought of that any replacement will be under scrutiny and expectations are higher than is the norm for a club with these finances.

But I think any young ambitious manager working outside the very top 16 or so clubs would bite his arm off for this job.

I do think it could be a poisoned chalice in that Moyes is so well thought of that any replacement will be under scrutiny and expectations are higher than is the norm for a club with these finances.

But I think any young ambitious manager working outside the very top 16 or so clubs would bite his arm off for this job.

Yes, of course, but I was referring more to the likes of Klopp and Pellegrini.

Moyes is staying IMO......

And thank The Lord that he is.

Yes he has his faults and can frustrate a little at times but I don't care...every manager has their flaws but his positives outway his flaws. Would love him to have some money to prove the haters wrong also!

Moyes is staying IMO......

And thank The Lord that he is.

Yes he has his faults and can frustrate a little at times but I don't care...every manager has their flaws but his positives outway his flaws. Would love him to have some money to prove the haters wrong also!

agreed summer will be make or break imo

Would love him to have some money to prove the haters wrong also!

Are there any actual haters ? People seem massively supportive , to believe he's probably replaceable or to be generally frustrated about his recent apparent lack or commitment .

It Doesn't seem to me that there are too many haters .

Are there any actual haters ? People seem massively supportive , to believe he's probably replaceable or to be generally frustrated about his recent apparent lack or commitment .

It Doesn't seem to me that there are too many haters .

Oh I don't know sheeds, you can go as far back as Owen coyle's one promising season to back up some peoples's want for change. Personally think any manager is replaceable but there needs to be genuine reason for change as your taking a massive gamble IMO replacing moyes based on he's "too defensive" or "never won anything" or "doesn't rotate enough" ect ect... Again IMO they are trivial reasons to want a change and there's no doubt people use some things to beat him with.

Would a new manager guarantee us a cup win? Nope...they may but they may also nosedive the team down the league.
Just IMO the grass isn't always greener. If I had the choice of the 90's again, a fa cup and continuous years of relegation battles vs moyes 00's of no fa cup but top end table side with European footy here and there I'd go with that.

Just my opinion like but I think there are clear haters of moyes on here that use every little thing to bash him with and truly think there is better out there for us. I'm not suggesting there's 100% not someone better out there buy its unlikely and given the finances and everything we'v go it pretty good.

His lack of commitment could be down to a couple things...maybe you know more? But if he's pushing for some investment and we get it then that's something I'd be greatfull for him doing. Of course he could be flirting himself about after 11yrs but does anyone really know enough about it to judge currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back