Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever we get in are going to have pros and cons. I'm probably in with the majority in that I'm not so sure who the right man is. Saying that it's prudent option because not one of us knows how it will roll with that new man as manager. It is going to be a tough ask to reproduce the consistency of Moyes and his proficiency in the transfer market which was key for us in the predicament we are in as a club.

There's a tendency to focus on the negatives of all of the candidates for the role and that's heightened more by those who for some reason think they know who the right man is and have gone all in behind them. It's foolish. There was not one reference to Vitor Pereira on this forum previous to May, go on search it. Only a handful of mentions of Rangnick too. So how much do you really know? Or do you just like the fact they're something unknown and different and are seduced by it?

Similar for Martinez, he's just got a team relegated and more worryingly for me four of his key players have been allowed to run down their contracts and leave for free this summer.

It's easy to focus on the negatives but whoever gets the job will need the full backing of the fanbase. None of this "he isn't who I wanted" sh*t. This is Everton not Britain's Got Talent. We've got a really important season or two coming up that will effect our short and immediate future, the last thing we need is a fractured fanbase even further.

My sentiments exactly.........top post Chico

I don't understand your logic..... A gentleman's deal between moyes and Kenwright has what to do with a not even conceived deal between Martinez and Whelan?

I forgot about the gentlemans agrement but If were expecting/hoping that Moyes wont come back for our players because he's a good chap, then we can't really be seen to be doing the opposite to Wigan. Its a slightly different situation granted, what with them being relegated.....not sure if i'm making sense myself:)

I forgot about the gentlemans agrement but If were expecting/hoping that Moyes wont come back for our players because he's a good chap, then we can't really be seen to be doing the opposite to Wigan. Its a slightly different situation granted, what with them being relegated.....not sure if i'm making sense myself:)

No you are mate and yes it would be a bit trite. I could condescend Wigan and say well they've been relegated now but similarly our players could want to play at United at a higher level too.

He won't listen, he will just write some nonsense that will take you ten minutes to workout what he's answering.

Why do I have to listen? You think some of the Wigan players are good players, I don't. I would not force someone to believe what I am deeming is right.

Yeah I get ya.........Do unto others as you would have them do to you..... Luke 6:31

Not had much interest on this lately as it's just turned annoying but I heard some thing today of that Schalke fella being a director of football, Pereira manager and us being taken over by Red Bull? Not saying it's true just something I heard like...

Not had much interest on this lately as it's just turned annoying but I heard some thing today of that Schalke fella being a director of football, Pereira manager and us being taken over by Red Bull? Not saying it's true just something I heard like...

oooh don't like that. couldn't have Red Bull,
would the makers of Blue Charge (the crappy Asda rip-off energy drink) be interested instead do you think ?

Why do I have to listen? You think some of the Wigan players are good players, I don't. I would not force someone to believe what I am deeming is right.

You don't mate. But you need to back up your view if you want to discuss with other forum users. People don't agree with you and ask you to back up your posts and you come out with crap.If you don't like it write your opinions on your bedroom wall.

I'm not worried at all if Martinez comes in. I'm just echoing what's already been said but this season he's had a pretty poor squad full of players with some bad defensive injuries on top. It's been a minor miracle that he's managed to keep them up three years in a row, they couldn't improve their squad and they pretty much sold all their best players (Moses for example) without replacing them.
It's no surprise they went down this season, it had to happen.

But that doesn't mean that we'll be in trouble next season, we have arguably the best Everton team in a generation and currently one of the best defenses in the league, if Martinez comes in and buys a couple of important players (keeps everyone) then we'll be less cautious (Moyes's forte) but I'm pretty certain we'll score more goals.

His record at Swansea was very good, and so is his transfer record on the whole.
I can understand why people are worried because Wigan got relegated, but I don't think you need to be, every manager on our list has risks. Martinez seems like a good fit for us, and last season we played some brilliant football, I want someone to come in and start that trend from the first whistle next season.

Lol.... I would take that..... Imagine the preseason training... It would be extreme....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back