Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet if Moyes had been at Wigan the last couple years, they'd have been relegated long before, without any trophies and scoring a low amount of goals. I think Martinez would do great at Everton with better facilities, players, staff etc

Pwhahahahahahahahhaha.

He might not have won a trophy, but he wouldnt have got them relegated, but without a crystal ball, this discussion is pointless.

I bet if Moyes had been at Wigan the last couple years, they'd have been relegated long before, without any trophies and scoring a low amount of goals. I think Martinez would do great at Everton with better facilities, players, staff etc
They would not get relegated (or maybe they would last season with their injury crisis), they would have more quality players and Moyes wouldn't allow his top players to leave for free.

Just heard that Chelsea are announcing Mourinhio tomorrow, If we going with the underwhelming Martinez I think we should wait another week.
Its too embarrassing to name that appointment on the same day as Mourinhio and possibly Pelligrini for City, it will be the day two big English clubs got to world class managers and that small club got a relegated manager.

I hope they are both announced on the same day as it keep this embarrassment of a club under these owners off the front page. Martinez.....small time

C'mon guys wigan getting relegated was more inevitable than a Kopite saying 'next year is our year'.

Was it tho?

Its not hard to build a squad to stay in the League, they have vast sums of money available to them, you just need a good Manager.

Compare Martinezs record to Moyes, 1 of them got relegated, the other got Champions League.

In my opinion Wigans squad was far superior to Norwich and Sunderlands. No way should they have gone down. Martinez is a terrible manager

Was it tho?

Its not hard to build a squad to stay in the League, they have vast sums of money available to them, you just need a good Manager.

Compare Martinezs record to Moyes, 1 of them got relegated, the other got Champions League.
and one has won a trophy and one hasn't.

Moyes took relegation candidates much like Wigan and immediately got them 7th in the league. Before FF was built he'd also cracked the sky 4 with them. Martinez < Moyes. It's not even close.

In the time Martinez took to get Wigan relegated, Moyes took Everton to the position currently occupied by Arsenal. Can you imagine Wigan even challenging for Europe? Lulz.

Last edited:
Very interesting afternoon penned in for next Saturday.

Nev_Flyer_web-642x336.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back