Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Blerto. Wasn't my choice and I'm concerned by his appointment. But I'll be backing him 100% and seriously hope he proves me wrong.

Kopite Martinez
a2c3e2c6f1569d73c31d9b6d1581ceb8.png

Ive said from day 1, Vitor is my man.

But whoever gets the job, will be given 100% support from his first day, unless its Lennon.

That's what Id expect Goat.
I want Martinez.. If some German fella got it, Id still give him 100% even if Id genuinely never heard of him until this week.

Christ, Moyes still got one hell of a lot of support against WH, I never saw that coming either..

So much for kenwright listening to the fans.
Just on the poll above out of 1535 votes only 213 voted for Martinez. Every fan site i have been on has been about the same.

Kenwright said on skysports news that he thinks the fans are singing from the same page. I don't think we are singing from the same [Poor language removed]**g Book as him.

good mate. Martinez was not my first choice, but i just don't think there are too many candidates out there. I know they're a worse team than us, but liverpool had far more attractions than us when deciding on a manager and they ended up with their 5th choice brendan rodgers who is half the manager martinez is in my opinion.

i saw him do some great things first hand at swansea, and a couple of positive things at wigan, i don't think he'll be as bad as people believe. i'm dissapointed we couldn't attract a higher claibre, but with kenwright i was never expecting miracles.

pereira had been sacked by a 2nd and 3rd division club so maybe he's not all that either, who knows. kenwright wanted a manager as opposed to a coach though and that seems to be the reason why he's gone with martinez over the portuguese.

hes not my first choice but not my last either. i would have hated to have lennon or hughes for example , becouse there just not likable personality wise.
then theres stubbs who hasnt got enough charisma imo.
so martinez beats all 3 of these in those criteria elements . martinez has prem experience , but it doesnt matter how much i try and look at it positive . its speaks for itself - its junk .
he bordered on failure season upon season and finally failed. his heavy defeats and goals conceded scares the hell out of me.the fa cup win , hes modern style of football and hes optimism doesnt over rule that niggle in my mind.
with vp , i just think hes has the xfactor , yes perhaps unproven in some respects and a gamble. but id rather gamble with an unknown quantity than a proven failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back