Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
agree mate he did waste money but to be fair to the guy you cannot knock what hes won i for 1 am not arsed moyes is going i just hope he leaves baines take big softlad with you waste of space most of the time . deffo get Benitez in

Just curious, would you take Di Matteo? Reached the play offs with MK Dons in his first season, Got West Brom promoted in his first season there, won the Champions League and FA Cup with Chelsea in his first stint at manager there.

I'd love to see us be be in a position where we could realistically attract e.g. De Boer from Ajax but we aren't. We probably can't even attract Laudrup from Swansea. Martinez for me clearly is not good enough but we'll have to take some kind of gamble. Bilic has the profile but he'd be far too demanding for Billy to want him. There are good managers in Spain, France but there are language barriers as well (we'll see if Pochettino can overcome that at Southampton). Maybe gamble on someone like Rijkaard who's star has waned somewhat and he is unemployed...

Can we agree that whoever it is we don't rush to judgement after a few games?

If we win our first two he won't win us the league and if we lose our first two we won't get relegated.

we should not go with Rafael Benethus. kenny daglish is out of work currently, might as well throw his name into the mix, and dig up shankley to be his assistant.

the thought of Rafael being our gaffer really grind my gears people.

agree mate he did waste money but to be fair to the guy you cannot knock what hes won i for 1 am not arsed moyes is going i just hope he leaves baines take big softlad with you waste of space most of the time . deffo get Benitez in

Just curious, would you take Di Matteo? Reached the play offs with MK Dons in his first season, Got West Brom promoted in his first season there, won the Champions League and FA Cup with Chelsea in his first stint at manager there.

i would over the lad at wigan mate for for sum1 to come in now and move us to the next level with maybe abit of cash Benitez all the way for me

we should not go with Rafael Benethus. kenny daglish is out of work currently, might as well throw his name into the mix, and dig up shankley to be his assistant.

the thought of Rafael being our gaffer really grind my gears people.
to be fair lad its people like you who have always stopped our club moving on so ****ing wat if he was at liverpool ffs if he does a job for our club give the guy a chance

Di Matteo was slightly different though, they went into siege mentality and the players won them the champs league more than di matteo's managerial ability. He was badly found out at Chelsea and quite quickly.

I'd love to see us be be in a position where we could realistically attract e.g. De Boer from Ajax but we aren't. We probably can't even attract Laudrup from Swansea. Martinez for me clearly is not good enough but we'll have to take some kind of gamble. Bilic has the profile but he'd be far too demanding for Billy to want him. There are good managers in Spain, France but there are language barriers as well (we'll see if Pochettino can overcome that at Southampton). Maybe gamble on someone like Rijkaard who's star has waned somewhat and he is unemployed...

Why couldn't we attract a top manager? We pay mega wages and we're at the top of the league that every manager wants to manage in. A quick google of "top paid managers" shows where Everton are and we should be looking at that list to get an idea of who we want.

Benitez wont come sadly he would want money and Kenwright wont want to upset the arl arse fans in the boys pen.

Laudrup would deffo see us as a step up, similar levels of money between us and Swansea, yet he would get time to build a team and only has 2 years on his contract would only cost 3-4 mil to release him IMO which would be worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back