Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be too disappointed with Phil. Could be a disaster could work out well, and at least he knows what Evertons all about wouldn't need settling in like others would.

Phil it's nearly 11 mate get to bed you've got yoga in the morning

Laudrup, Benitez, Di Matteo.

Reasonable candidates.

Martinez. Like him but unsure.

Klopp. Love him but would he come to England?

Careful what you wish for with Laudrup, a) He might be a one season wonder b ) This might sound mental but he could do too well and [Poor language removed] to Madrid after 1 season.

From tomorrow's Mirror:

Moyes is also likely to take his assistant Steve Round and youth development expert Martin Waldron, with the trio’s enviable reputation in developing kids through the system one of the reasons United made the appointment.

Who the hell is Martin Waldron? Seriously, I've never heard his name before.

And what's all this rewriting of history about developing kids and bringing them through?

It's utterly laughable - the last person we genuinely 'brought through the ranks' was Leon Osman who's now 31! Barkley isn't a regular and gets 5/10 mins here and there, but that's it. Duffy gets 1 or 2 games a season if he's lucky. Vellios has been effectively blackballed as his face doesn't fit.

If we got Laudrup I'd be seriously happy, but with him just signing a new contract at Swansea and them being in Europe qualification next season I'm not sure he'd come...

But out of the bookies list... Marintez, Lennon, Hughes, the Porto guy, McKay he's easily the best choice, by a few hundred thousand miles.

From tomorrow's Mirror:

Who the hell is Martin Waldron? Seriously, I've never heard his name before.

And what's all this rewriting of history about developing kids and bringing them through?

It's utterly laughable - the last person we genuinely 'brought through the ranks' was Leon Osman who's now 31! Barkley isn't a regular and gets 5/10 mins here and there, but that's it. Duffy gets 1 or 2 games a season if he's lucky. Vellios has been effectively blackballed as his face doesn't fit.

I've never heard of Waldreb either. Still great news about Round there.

Careful what you wish for with Laudrup, a) He might be a one season wonder b ) This might sound mental but he could do too well and [Poor language removed] to Madrid after 1 season.

As long as he does well and is under a lengthy contract when he's courted - so we can actually get compo next time - I'll settle for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back