Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BJwgQIqCYAIlo4n.jpg:large

This pair would just turn a fine footballing side into one that lumps the ball aimlessly towards the big lad, oh....hang on...have Utd really researched what they're getting?

Laudrup, De Boer, Pellegrini, would be a great choice. A continuity appointment maybe Irvine with Stubbs, Weir, Ferguson as backup. Board must get it right!!

From tomorrow's Mirror:

Who the hell is Martin Waldron? Seriously, I've never heard his name before.

And what's all this rewriting of history about developing kids and bringing them through?

It's utterly laughable - the last person we genuinely 'brought through the ranks' was Leon Osman who's now 31! Barkley isn't a regular and gets 5/10 mins here and there, but that's it. Duffy gets 1 or 2 games a season if he's lucky. Vellios has been effectively blackballed as his face doesn't fit.

Martin is from Kirkby and is the head of Everton's academy.

All his relations are big blues who go home and away.

If he's going I'll know soon enough.

Rodwell was a regular in the season before we sold him. So was Rooney.

Okay, you're right. But Rooney was 9 years ago, and Rodwell wasn't exactly excelling was he? I mean he did well at the start, but we were all amazed when City signed him.

Thats fair enough, in my opinion theres only a few managers which will be able to help move us forward with the main one being Laudrup. He's shown at Swansea that he can make some great signings with little money and made a possible relegation scrapping side this season into a stable Premier League team and also won a trophy even if it was the Micky Mouse Cup.

Moyes didnt really have anything to do with Ronney though.

Still, his youth development really is mythical

I agree, the fact that our kids are so good is one of the things I'm looking forward to.

Duffy, Barkley, Garbutt are all ready to be involved as may be Connor Mc & Lundstram.

Martin is from Kirkby and is the head of Everton's academy.

All his relations are big blues who go home and away.

If he's going I'll know soon enough.

Isn't Irvine head of the Academy? I'm not doubting you, just really surprised I've never heard his name before. I would have thought someone would have covered his role in an article or two before now if he was a vital member of club staff (again, he may well be).

Isn't Irvine head of the Academy? I'm not doubting you, just really surprised I've never heard his name before. I would have thought someone would have covered his role in an article or two before now if he was a vital member of club staff (again, he may well be).

Martin over sees the lot, he's head of the whole place.

Huge crossroads for us this. Moyes has brought us stability and had us performing tc a consistently decent standard since the disastrous 17th season - finishing in 4, 11, 6, 5, 5, 8, 7, 7 and probably in 6 now.

He'll be a difficult act to follow; he's at the core of the club.

Laudrup could be exciting. Martinez possibly deserves a shout, though after years under Moyes I don't know how I'd deal with a team that might become worse defensively..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back