Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got enough faith in Moyes to know he won't be recommending Neil Lennon!

He'll go for one of the other up and coming Scottish managers like Mackay or Freedman.

Niether of whom I want either, would rather give the job to Neville, been a while since we've had an ex player and we could do with some silverwear.

Nothing wrong with a npower champions title or two!

Last edited:
I'm not sure I want Mackay, not sure many do. Howe is certainly a much more up and coming manager. I'd rather we look at managers with a high potential than some of the utter dirge we are linked with.

Howe failed at Burnley.

Robinson hasn't a SINGLE thing of note on his CV.

Mackay is flavour of the month, Cardiff have had the best squad in that league for a while, Everton can't be employing a man who has no top flight experience, it is too big a risk, Moyes was a one-off.

Lennon couldn't win a two horse race the other year.

Martinez is linked with every job, and I cannot understand it. His defence is horrendous and his team are going down, no thanks.

So it leaves only one man...

Step forward Howard Kendall MK IV

Nah, Pereira for me.

ferguson to moyes listen dave i got you the gig here at utd now small favour my boy darren wants a premiership job have a word with bill there will ye.....

Laudrup might still change his mind. Didn't Brenda initially say no then do a u-turn?

The problem with appointing a continental manager (Laudrup or Pereira etc) is that we would be unlikely to establsh a dynasty as we would wish. They don't hang around long enough. See Mourinho, Benitez, AVB.

Look at (deep breathe...) Liverpool in the 80s.....the manager was always waiting in the wings...Paisley, Moran, Dalglish....knew the club inside out and would build on the existing foundation seamlessly. It's on that basis that Utd have appointed Dave....he will continue in SAF's way.

If we appoint a European we won't get that continuity. And we've made a virtue of giving stability to the club through sticking with DM. Despite the lack of trophies, I've been warmed by that thought. Whilst Liverpool, City, Villa, Newcastle and especially Chelsea have gone through manager after manager, we've had (more correctly Bill has had) the foresight to build for the long term by sticking with a manager through some thin times (17th in DMs second year).

So although I'd be excited to get an adventurous Portuguese or Spaniard, I'd always know at the back of my mind that he'll be off in a few seasons and will not leave a successor in place.

Unless BK can find a continental willing to stick with us for a long while, I hope he goes into the lower divisions, chooses a well qualified and ambitious young coach. Just like he did with Moyes. The word was that BK knew whom he wanted to replace Walter from day one and focussed all his persuasive powers on winning Davey over. It worked and I'm grateful to Bill for that inspired moment.

Go and do it again Bill please.

Celtic Football Club ‏@celticfc 7m
NL: Everton are a huge club with a huge history. It's flattering to be linked but that's all it is, a link. (LB)

article-2317247-1993AF3A000005DC-476_634x427.jpg

Laudrup might still change his mind. Didn't Brenda initially say no then do a u-turn?

The problem with appointing a continental manager (Laudrup or Pereira etc) is that we would be unlikely to establsh a dynasty as we would wish. They don't hang around long enough. See Mourinho, Benitez, AVB.

Look at (deep breathe...) Liverpool in the 80s.....the manager was always waiting in the wings...Paisley, Moran, Dalglish....knew the club inside out and would build on the existing foundation seamlessly. It's on that basis that Utd have appointed Dave....he will continue in SAF's way.

If we appoint a European we won't get that continuity. And we've made a virtue of giving stability to the club through sticking with DM. Despite the lack of trophies, I've been warmed by that thought. Whilst Liverpool, City, Villa, Newcastle and especially Chelsea have gone through manager after manager, we've had (more correctly Bill has had) the foresight to build for the long term by sticking with a manager through some thin times (17th in DMs second year).

So although I'd be excited to get an adventurous Portuguese or Spaniard, I'd always know at the back of my mind that he'll be off in a few seasons and will not leave a successor in place.

Unless BK can find a continental willing to stick with us for a long while, I hope he goes into the lower divisions, chooses a well qualified and ambitious young coach. Just like he did with Moyes. The word was that BK knew whom he wanted to replace Walter from day one and focussed all his persuasive powers on winning Davey over. It worked and I'm grateful to Bill for that inspired moment.

Go and do it again Bill please.

disagree mate clubs with money can afford to do that we are in a position where we need someone to come in with pedigree and do a good job, bringing someone in who may spend what limited money we have on ****e is a recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back