Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally believe there can only be one choice.

Rene Girard.

It’s a name you might not have necessarily heard recently, but this man was the mastermind behind Montpellier’s shock win of the Ligue 1 title last year, defying the likes of Paris Saint Germain, Marseille and Olympique Lyonnais.

He has won numerous more games than he has lost, plays the attractive football that Everton fans have craved for a long time, would be available for no compensation as his contract runs out shortly, and is renowned for his ability to work on a small budget.

Have a look at these two articles and at least consider this man over such pathetic other candidates such as Mark Hughes (needs no explanation, he is a bad manager), Roberto Martinez (King of the Phonies, the man is known for keeping a team up rather than progressing like Everton need to be doing), Vitor Pereira (the man is a clueless clown, if his name was Victor Phillips you’d not even consider him) and of course Neil Lennon (arguably the most pathetic manager I have ever seen in my life).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22381080

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...lub-after-discussions-with-Arsene-Wenger.html

God bless you Bill; make the right decision.

Just sent that to Bill.
It wouldn't work mate hes not a sweaty sock

I think there is an awful lot of Evertonians out there who believe that as a club we need to appoint a 'David Moyes' manager. For me? its an end of an era. The football club has failed under Kenwright and Moyes. I say we go back to basics, I say we accept a few dodgy seasons and build up.

Because we could appoint Martinez, the Portugese lid or the Cardiff boss, but the problems are still going to be there, and we all know what they are.

It annoyed me when Moyes said Kenwright has been a great chairman, and that the club is well run. Well he hasn't and it isn't. Any manager who comes in is going to have the same issues, and they may well get us 6th again, or 5th, maybe a cup run or two, but that's it.

Not sure about anyone else, but I don't want that. I want to win the league title, I want to be in the Champions League. This club deserves that level of success, or at least to be in the mix. That should be the plan, and the board should have that plan, and if they haven't then they need to leave and let someone else come in and put that plan into action.

I'm sick of hearing about we need money, our stadium is dying, and so on. Of course we do and of course it is, but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed. What a project Everton is! A club with a rich history, incredibly loyal and passionate fans, and one that provides an atmosphere like this:

Google Duncan Ferguson v Man U. It won't let me post links yet.

Just listen to that. Then listen to that at Arsenal, City or Man U. You won't.

So who do we replace Moyes with? Christ knows, its the board that we need to replace, and I suppose if anything we need a manager to come in with a bit of balls about him, who can stand up to the board, let people know how great this club is, and lets start fulfilling this god damn potential, because I'm getting bored of bobbing about in the harbour, I want us to go out to sea and break records!!!

Just sent Bill an Email lads.

Lets hope he replys.

Hi Bill,

I listened with interest as you said you would take onboard the thoughts of Everton fans.

I support Everton, ive supported Everton all my life, I went to my first game in 1985 and ive been Home and Away many, many times in that time, ive supported the Club in its good days and in its bad, ive bought at least 1 Home shirt every Year bar since around 1983, this year I renewed my Season Ticket in my current seat for the 14th Year.

But I promise this, here and now, if you appoint any of the following people as Manager of MY CLUB, I will not spend another single penny on Everton untill such time as they leave :

Neil Lennon
Mark Hughes
Gus Poyet
Martin O'Neill
Rafael
Slaven Billic
Steve McClaren

My own personal suggestion would be for a top class European Manager, such as Jose Mourinho, but meanwhile back on planet Earth, somebody along the lines of that.

If you asked me for names I would give you Thomas Tuchel, who appears to be a decent sort, up and coming, young, hungry and with very little baggage.

My personal favourite would be Vitor Pereira, he has experience in Europe, has worked with budget restrictions in Portugal and is a winner domestically..

Im not a fan of appointing anybody without loyalty, so for this reason I wouldnt select Laudrup, hes a mercenary who would fck us off quicker than a rat up a drainpipe, than theres also the fact of the 10m compo money, WHERES THE 10m COMPO MONEY BILL (Little joke there for you mate).

Im also not a fan of Martinez, I feel that whilst hes done a decent job at Wigan, he doesnt really have the right pedigree to Manage a Club as wonderful as Everton.

As for the names in my list above, I would rather not discuss them, due to wanting to keep this email civil.

Anyway Bill, if you need anymore guidance I would be more than happy to discuss things further with you, by telephone if you wanted, just mail me back for my number and in case you are wondering, yes, im available for the job, my experience in Football Manager is vast and in FM2013 I even won the League in my first Season, I did activate cheats and spend 1.2 billion to do this, but I still consider myself a winner.

Yours

Not sure who we do need, but we definitely DON'T need mark Hughes. Even forgetting his "behaviour" over lescott (which I can't I hate him for it) what he does is brings in lots of greedy journeymen who can't be bothered (ask a city, Blackburn or qpr fan) and just destroys the dressing room.

We need someone to build us a SQUAD but not just by buying ten new players who don't give two ****s about the blue shirt.

Who the person is? No idea.

I would much rather have Martin Jol than literally anyone else that could realistically happen that has been mentioned in this thread except perhaps Girard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back