• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ng1657936.jpg

Yes...yes he is, plus he wears a scarf, winners wear scarves...

No...winners wear a beanie, grow a mean beard and look like they're about to kill someone.

m05_scf_tuchel_denkt_920.jpg

Foolishly or not, I have always been a 110% pro-moyes evertonian. I couldn't have been more convinced that we had the right man in charge from the 1st moment with all his 'peoples club' talk, to the last (though wigan tested all our faith)
But if you get past the very real possibility and arse-twitching fear of the board appointing someone ****e, this could actually be a very exciting point for us.
Good lord we need to get this right.

Lads. You do know Bill has asked Moyes don't you? You know we are all going to be dissappointed and end up with Malky Mackay, don't you?

Fcuk sake I hope lcabs got that wrong. We need to go in a different direction to Malky fukn Makay.

Mackay's wiki reads well:

*Hauled Watford to midtable safety.
*Manager of the month early in his Cardiff career.
*Lead them to their first League cup final appearance, which they only lost on penalties to Liverpool.
*Play-offs in his first season with the Bluebirds.
*Turned down Norwich after Lambert left.
*Set a club record of 10 consecutive home wins.
*Won the Championship. Cardiff's first title in 20 years.
*Almost a 47% win rate with his current club.

Looking at his transfers, he's managed a net spend of about £11m but he's traded a lot of players and been shopping in the bargain bin. He's brought in Liam Lawrence, Kenny Miller, Robert Earnshaw, Fraizer Campbell, Nicky Maynard, Craig Bellamy and Heidar Helguson as well as plenty of dross.

Hudson and Whittingham made the Championship Team of the Year.

Cardiff won the league by 8 points but perhaps the standard wasn't that high. Very much like Everton they shared the goals around: Whiitingham 8, Helguson 8, Gunnarsson 8, Campbell 7, Noone 7.

It's not the glamour appointment that some people were hoping for, but neither was Moyes. I'd be open to giving him a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back