Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just because top teams in our league don't use it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Napoli play three at the back and they're a fairly decent side...

Court Juventus in and there are two teams which use it (in other league). The formation may work due to the quality of their players. If you don't have the players then it will like the situation of Wigan.

I'm the opposite, i think we have the players for the formation; Baines and Coleman will have more freedom to go forward, Kev and Pienaar will have more freedom to swap and tuck in. Its just how the players react when they loose the ball

Yeah true, but I feel like you effectively loose a man in the middle as you have one extra defender staying back.... I know they are meant to get forward a little... But it is never to the same effect as fullbacks.... And by their nature, defenders are never as good on the ball, play making dribbling ect..... I feel it is quite a negative defensive tactic...... Like when we are attacking under Moyes, we practically play two at the back.... You could see how disjointed we were when we played three at the back this season...

Court Juventus in and there are two teams which use it (in other league). The formation may work due to the quality of their players. If you don't have the players then it will like the situation of Wigan.

who's to say we don't have the players?

Lot of good posts here and interestin names in the mix. It's a massive decision which will shape the club for the next decade.
Perira, laudrup, Clark interest me. I'd consider Paul
Lambert and even Chris Houghton. Rafael is intriguing. Not popular but proven.
Martinez is the most likely but I'm
Not at all convinced
Lennon, bilic, makay and pullis no way.

You call yourself 'Blue to the bone'. And you'd consider the fat spanish waiter?!?

Faultless Logic

You are using Juventus and the old Barcelona as example. Christ, their managers are/were not Martinez.

Read my old posts, I have said it all along, in the Premier League no top team use 3-4-3.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back