Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Him or Duncan Ferguson would be totally preposterous. Zero experience at any level nevermind PL level. HK is talking about DF being an assistant, fair enough, but not a manager. If it's cheap thiough that's what Fat head Kenwright would go for and then say: 'Hey, I listened to you lot'.

We are being set up here by the club and their local hacks for an underwhelming coronation of a former player who hasn't got the proven ability to do the job.

A disaster waiting to happen. I pray I'm wrong.

...errr...
Alan Stubbs has been storming up the table on oddschecker
He's 8/1 with Coral and William Hill, tens with Ladbrokes

You can still get him at 25 on Paddy Powers though...

He's fifth favourite across all the bookmakers on average

Weird, i have a list of names listed as "Hell No" and list of names listed as "Hell yes", the only person part of me says yes and part of me says no is Martinez

Something like dont want him but dont mind him

...errr...
Alan Stubbs has been storming up the table on oddschecker
He's 8/1 with Coral and William Hill, tens with Ladbrokes

You can still get him at 25 on Paddy Powers though...

He's fifth favourite across all the bookmakers on average

don't think that'll happen myself

12 - He's at the least attractive football club to potential players in the premier league, who operate on a net spend budget every season, have the smallest wage bill bettered only by Reading, and have an average attendance of 19157.

Even the best managers in the world would have their work cut out trying to keep Wigan in the PL.
Paul Jewell managed it quite comfortably. Wigan have actually declined since Martinez took over.

Please stop this Martinez love in it's making me physically ill, winning the cup does not make him a good manager! I'm not saying he shouldn't be considered but the are better options to look at first

Didn't want him at first. But there is something very likable about Martinez. The way he comes across. Plus, and obviously more importantly the way he wants his football played. I'm no expert but did he not set Swansea up with their style before rogers came in and took credit?

Also why are we not linked more strongly with Di Matteo? Currently doesn't have a club so no compensation needed, doubt he'd demand higher wages than Moyes and has won a European Cup.. off to Germany maybe?

We're singing from the same hymnsheet mate. I tell you what frightens me: the amount of ex=players giving DF a shout in the media: now they're either canvassing for Duncan and looking for a pint or two if he slots a top post or they're doing the club's bidding by getting a bandwagon going to appoint the cheap and inexperienced options. Kenwright's statement about 'listening to fans' feeds into this too.

I dont trust the movers and shakers of this club one ****ing jot. Everyone has an angle to play and it's usually always for their own benefit rather than the organisation's well-being.

I hope I'm way, way wrong, btw.

I've only heard of Kendall backing Dunc so far. As far as I know Ferguson is very private and has only recently started doing more media. I'm not sure if he has any ambitions to manage, but it quite possibly wouldn't suit his personality. How could he instill discipline given his various misdemeanours for one thing?

Neville seems much more appropriate. I'm not quite sure if he's enough of his own man though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back