Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm officially endorsing Roberto Martinez as my choice for EFC Manager. Here's why:

1 - He's not a bell and will represent the club well.

2 - He plays the good togger on the floor.

3 - He turned the sh*te down.

4 - He is capable of developing average players.

5 - He's willing to play the young players and develop them.

6 - Goat doesn't want him.

7 - "Robert Martinez blue and white army" works.

8 - He is capable of controlling the club from the bottom to the top up.

9 - He doesn't turn 40 until July and has already managed in the Premier League and won something.

10 - I'm like a sheep who's easily swayed on the basis of a good game here and there.

Welcome to L4 Robby lad.

*11 he gets relegated.......

I'm officially endorsing Roberto Martinez as my choice for EFC Manager. Here's why:

9 - He doesn't turn 40 until July and has already managed in the Premier League and won something.

10 - I'm like a sheep who's easily swayed on the basis of a good game here and there.

Welcome to L4 Robby lad.

He's not Duncan though lad. He'd be boss and frighten everyone on the touchline and he's got an Everton tattoo and loads of experience coaching traffic cones at Finch Farm and stuff like that...

roberto-martinez-press-2-4x373-433914.jpg

I sincerely hope so; but the loopholes, as you point out, are there.

I don't think there's a strong enough case for considering either of them, especially as they're not even managing sides at youth or reserve level. Stubbs would probably be the obvious candidate if we were hell-bent on promoting from within. He's been back with us since September 2008. I wouldn't be massively keen though.

Welcome to L4 Robby lad.
Good lad.

Chico and Davek both want him. What else matters.

*11 he gets relegated.......

12 - He's at the least attractive football club to potential players in the premier league, who operate on a net spend budget every season, have the smallest wage bill bettered only by Reading, and have an average attendance of 19157.

Even the best managers in the world would have their work cut out trying to keep Wigan in the PL.

12 - He's at the least attractive football club to potential players in the premier league, who operate on a net spend budget every season, have the smallest wage bill bettered only by Reading, and have an average attendance of 19157.

Even the best managers in the world would have their work cut out trying to keep Wigan in the PL.

Look at this thread: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/55777-Perspective-the-ten-years-pre-Moyes/page2

Their net spend is only two places below us. He's too much of a gamble for me

We're on the march with Robert's army...

We're on the march with Robbie's army...

We're on the march with Bobby's army...

We're on the march with Marty's army...

All sound good to me.

I don't think there's a strong enough case for considering either of them, especially as they're not even managing sides at youth or reserve level. Stubbs would probably be the obvious candidate if we were hell-bent on promoting from within. He's been back with us since September 2008. I wouldn't be massively keen though.

We're singing from the same hymnsheet mate. I tell you what frightens me: the amount of ex=players giving DF a shout in the media: now they're either canvassing for Duncan and looking for a pint or two if he slots a top post or they're doing the club's bidding by getting a bandwagon going to appoint the cheap and inexperienced options. Kenwright's statement about 'listening to fans' feeds into this too.

I dont trust the movers and shakers of this club one ****ing jot. Everyone has an angle to play and it's usually always for their own benefit rather than the organisation's well-being.

I hope I'm way, way wrong, btw.

I waited on davek's official endorsement. If six years posting on here has taught me anything, it's to be always be in line with davek.

Ha Ha. I wish that faith was well placed. I was the one who posted 'there's no way Moyes is off to United'...10 minutes before it was confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back