Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez's past record in the league do not convince me. Our wages and transfer fees are probably 11th/12th in the league but we are a proven top6/7 team. Okay you may say Martinez has better players at Everton but again, time will tell (I actually think Bill will go for him now).

What I'm thinking mate is out of the names mentioned, apart from the Porto guy would you really want any of the others.

I know we all have preferences, gut feelings.

My preference is Pelligrini.

My gut feeling is David Weir.

Him or Duncan Ferguson would be totally preposterous. Zero experience at any level nevermind PL level. HK is talking about DF being an assistant, fair enough, but not a manager. If it's cheap thiough that's what Fat head Kenwright would go for and then say: 'Hey, I listened to you lot'.

We are being set up here by the club and their local hacks for an underwhelming coronation of a former player who hasn't got the proven ability to do the job.

A disaster waiting to happen. I pray I'm wrong.

Him or Duncan Ferguson would be totally preposterous. Zero experience at any level nevermind PL level. HK is talking about DF being an assistant, fair enough, but not a manager. If it's cheap thiough that's what Fat head Kenwright would go for and then say: 'Hey, I listened to you lot'.

We are being set up here by the club and their local hacks for an underwhelming coronation of a former player who hasn't got the proven ability to do the job.

That would be interesting to see, I hope it happens.

See Liverpool didn't finish 4th, this year. Unlucky, I thought that was a completely unbiased sensible prediction.

His best post is the one where he says Liverpool could not have bought a better player for 20m than Downing

Impressive from Martinez and his side but he's still in a position in the league where they need to win away at Arsenal and then beat relegation rivals Villa to have a chance of staying up.

They had some good results this season: 0-1 Spurs, 0-3 Villa, 0-3 Reading and 2-3 West Brom. But they've conceded 4 goals four times (Liverpool, Chelsea, United x2) and 3 goals four times (Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea and Liverpool). They've let in the most goals in the league (67) jointly with Villa and Reading.

At the DW they've been beaten by Swansea, Liverpool, Sunderland, United, Arsenal, City, West Brom, Fulham and Chelsea! They've also drawn their home games against Stoke, Everton, QPR, Southampton and Spurs.

It would seem that Martinez's strength is organising a very good counter-attacking team away from home. That was evident when they played us in the cup and again in the final today. Maybe the wingback system is something that he's picked up and it's so effective because no other teams use it, but is he a one-trick pony? His team don't score a huge amount of goals though- they're the eighth lowest scorers in the league and managed 8 fewer than Everton.

He has a fair eye for a player. Kone only cost £3.3m from Levante. Maloney was less than a million. MacArthur was about half that. And Diame cost £2.6m.

I'm surprised that he's only 39 as well. But I'm not convinced he's the right man for Everton.

It's not about where I expected Wigan to finish it's about who I expect to be the next Everton manager, surely we need to be linked with a better standard of manager than Lennon, Hughes, Mackay, even Martinez. I wasn't bothered when the reds***e were after him and that was for a good reason I don't rate him as a top class manager.

Prior to today I was not pushing for Martinez to become our manager.

But you have to ask yourself, could half of the names mentioned replicate the same achievements as Martinez has? That's keeping the smallest team in the premier league and winning them the FA Cup?

Plus he tics so many other boxes. He can speak English for a start, would get on well with our owners etc. Lives local.

He may finally see Wigan go down but it will be through amassing a points tally that is only a few points lower than the likes of Sunderland and Newcastle who have far spent far more and benefit from far bigger attendances and revenues.

What I'm thinking mate is out of the names mentioned, apart from the Porto guy would you really want any of the others.

To be honest, no. I don't want Lennon, Mackay, O'Neill and Hughes. I rather have Martinez than the aforsaid candidates. Girard is my 2nd choice but then again unlikely. Fat Spanish waiter can be my 2nd choice should he has respect on us (so no go). Laudrup is unrealistic due to his release fee.

See Liverpool didn't finish 4th, this year. Unlucky, I thought that was a completely unbiased sensible prediction.

Game of opinions, mate. I also had Swansea bottom and Laudrup sacked haha.

Truth be told there weren't many who predicted we'd finish above them again. Luckily for Billy Hill and Vic Chandler that we're all crap at early season forecasting.

Isn't Dunc on work experience with us? I'm sure he doesn't have a UEFA Pro License and wouldn't be allowed to manage us anyway. It would probably be like when Shearer took Newcastle down. And you can hardly say he has the 'hunger' when he's been taking it easy living in Spain since he retired from playing.

That would be interesting to see, I hope it happens.

Him and Weir should be standing on their own two feet getting managerial experience elsewhere not hangng round like a couple of chancers waiting for a plum post to fall into their laps having been coaches here for less than a couple of years.

I cant stand that internal promotion stuff. It's just cronyism and it stinks. This job has to go to an experienced manager. Kenwright is a complete **** though and he'll go the cheapest option. I even doubt they'll be looking elsewhere.

Isn't Dunc on work experience with us? I'm sure he doesn't have a UEFA Pro License and wouldn't be allowed to manage us anyway. It would probably be like when Shearer took Newcastle down. And you can hardly say he has the 'hunger' when he's been taking it easy living in Spain since he retired from playing.

I hope there's no way around that and the best he can get is an assistant job. It'd sicken me if we had him as manager. There should be no place at a club like Everton for jobs for the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back