Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a one off match 50/50 chance unlike the league games you play 38 matches. Can you explain why they will relegate then?

Because they are the smallest club in the league, with near enough the smallest wages and smallest turnover.

Middlesborough get higher attendances than Wigan!

Popcorn. Piles of the stuff, fifty feet high, for as far as the eye can see in any direction.

IF he can produce another cup run? And what possible guarantee can their be of that? Your opponents in a cup run are determined by blind luck. On the other hand, your opponents in the league are certain, therefore your performance in the league is a better barometer of your true level of ability. Prospective players consider that when deciding whether to join the club, amongst other things.

I appreciate that he'd have a better squad to work with here and, almost unbelievably, more money. But even you're pointing out that he'd likely do worse in the league than Moyes has. The odds of a good cup run are reliant in large part on the draw. And that's not a good enough reason to pay more for Martinez than you would have to for Pereira or Girard.

I'd still rather have Girard, like. I'm not crazy.

Mind he hasn't managed in england and is older so there's downsides even there.

This is just a one off match 50/50 chance unlike the league games you play 38 matches. Can you explain why they will relegate then?

Yes, look how much he has had to spend on his team plus the lowest wages in the premiership plus having to sell his best players every summer. It's pretty understandable that that thy struggle, intact they have done well to last this long.

Put a tenner on Wigan to win with 15 mins to go. I would never had done that bet for us under DM ! I would just love Everton to play attacking football once again... Martinez might just be the answer?

Very much like Moyes at United, whoever the new man is, the biggest thing he will require is patience.

I get the feeling that both jobs could almost mirror each other next season, as both managers try to put their stamp on their respective new clubs. Whoever comes in for us is obviously going to have to oversee a fairly big change at the club.

They will have the arduous task of replacing one or two key players who seem to be on their way out (Fellaini / Rooney) reducing the overall age of the squad as well as implementing their own ideas and style into the Football club.

It would be incredible if both teams maintained the level that they performed at this season in the wake of such change, but as we saw at the beginning of both the Moyes and Ferguson eras, it could take some time before the new man gets the team showing the kind of improvement we are all anticipating.

Still supporting Liverpool mate

Yes, look how much he has had to spend on his team plus the lowest wages in the premiership plus having to sell his best players every summer. It's pretty understandable that that thy struggle, intact they have done well to last this long.

They've never had the lowest wages in the premier ship. This will be the first year, they'll even have one of the three lowest.

Very much like Moyes at United, whoever the new man is, the biggest thing he will require is patience.

I get the feeling that both jobs could almost mirror each other next season, as both managers try to put their stamp on their respective new clubs. Whoever comes in for us is obviously going to have to oversee a fairly big change at the club.

They will have the arduous task of replacing one or two key players who seem to be on their way out (Fellaini / Rooney) reducing the overall age of the squad as well as implementing their own ideas and style into the Football club.

It would be incredible if both teams maintained the level that they performed at this season in the wake of such change, but as we saw at the beginning of both the Moyes and Ferguson eras, it could take some time before the new man gets the team showing the kind of improvement we are all anticipating.

See Liverpool didn't finish 4th, this year. Unlucky, I thought that was a completely unbiased sensible prediction.

Martinez's past record in the league do not convince me. Our wages and transfer fees are probably 11th/12th in the league but we are a proven top6/7 team. Okay you may say Martinez has better players at Everton but again, time will tell (I actually think Bill will go for him now).

Where are you expecting Wigan to finish?
It's not about where I expected Wigan to finish it's about who I expect to be the next Everton manager, surely we need to be linked with a better standard of manager than Lennon, Hughes, Mackay, even Martinez. I wasn't bothered when the reds***e were after him and that was for a good reason, I don't rate him as a top class manager.

Last edited:
No, they have.

I would be made up if we get a manager who can keep us at the level we are and maybe win us a cup or two over the next few years and slowly try to improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back