Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Porto president came out and said his decision was "set", haven't said what that decision, like I said they'll reveal it at the end of the season.

The commentator of the Porto match said Everton may be interested in appointing Pereira. Nothing new then...

You can imagine us under Moyes in that game

Hoof balls to Fellaini/Vic/Jelavic and hope we can win the knock ons and the odd corner/freekick

See yer Moyes you ginger loser

Or we would have done exactly the same as we have done the past 8 times we've played City in the Premier League which has resulted in us winning 6, drawing 1 and only losing 1.

Where as Wigan have lost 7 from 8 and only scored 1 goal against City in the PL under Martinez.

Kenwright and the board will not go for Pereira

Moyes is advising them and honestly I think Kenwright will go with whoever he tells him the best man for the job is

Do you think Moyes would tell him to go for the Pereira or Lennon/Martinez/Neville

AF, weren't you against the appointment of Martinez earlier in the thread, and if so what caused you to change your mind? Was it the performance today?

I was vehemently and hugely against him based on what I saw as his under performance at wigan. Even after they thrashed us, I blamed that more on us than them.

Then I looked into the finances to do a thread about wigan and I appreciated a bit better how difficult his situation was. So I started to come around a little as to him as a fallback option if we couldn't get someone I actually wanted.

But then he took a team out in a big game against a vastly superior team for the biggest stakes and they were cool, calm, classy and worthy winners.

And that's won me over, entirely. I still think we'd finish bottom half under martinez but if he can produce another cup run like that and keep us playing easy on the eye football, I'd take it.

Or we would have done exactly the same as we have done the past 8 times we've played City in the Premier League which has resulted in us winning 6, drawing 1 and only losing 1.

Where as Wigan have lost 7 from 8 and only scored 1 goal against City in the PL under Martinez.

Wrong

We would have bottled it like we do every big game bar the semi when we beat a Man U reserve side

Kenwright and the board will not go for Pereira

Moyes is advising them and honestly I think Kenwright will go with whoever he tells him the best man for the job is

Do you think Moyes would tell him to go for the Pereira or Lennon/Martinez/Neville

Neville. Hibbert as assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back