Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That LCAB character chats persistent amounts of poo. the poster DAVIDMOYES is the only itk

In my experience there is no such thing as an ITK apart from people who don't talk...the rest is 3rd+ hand info. I've got love for everyone but I've heard way more nonsense than truth over the years. I don't believe anyone at the club FFS, why should I believe anyone else? I wouldn't believe Tim Cahill if he told me things and that man walks on water as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone wanting anyone other than Martinez after that cup run needs to have a look at their head.

For some perspective, Wigan's cup run consisted of playing against Bournemouth, Macclesfield, Huddersfield, Everton, and Millwall.

Only 1 hard game there like.

So the standard of the league is what then?

Check out Bragas league titles rather than European matches won.

Your boy from Porto is being bigged up for what he's done in his league and a decent champions league run.

Well... Neil Lennon did a similar job. But because Scotland doesn't have boss coefficients points, that league isn't I'm vogue. But the Porto bloke does something the same in their context, he's hot ****.

Neil Lennon led Celtic to their lowest ever title winning points tally in a one team league. Pereira hasn't lost a game with Porto all season and they haven't lost a game at home in 45 matches.

Hardly similar.

For some perspective, Wigan's cup run consisted of playing against Bournemouth, Macclesfield, Huddersfield, Everton, and Millwall.

Only 1 hard game there like.

Yes and beating City in the final. He won it. Something Moyes failed to do on many occasions with much better squads.

Neil Lennon led Celtic to their lowest ever title winning points tally in a one team league. Pereira hasn't lost a game with Porto all season and they haven't lost a game at home in 45 matches.

Hardly similar.

Pereira is just shear speculation and I can see that being a short stay if it happened. Martinez is the man

Apparently tomorrow's Telegraph says the club are going to make an official approach to Malky Mackay, how reliable is the Telegraph? If it's true so much for Bill listening to the fans!

You just know with Bungling Bill doing the selecting it will be Mediocre Mackay, standby for a 'club poll of the fans' to back up his selection.

City were terrible today, aided by Mancini being the manager it was Wigans to lose.

In 2 weeks Martinez will have as many relegations as trophies.

Joe Royle won an FA Cup with us, and also finished 6th in his only full season with us.

He also got relegated with Oldham, from the top flight to the second division, after numerous years of starving it off, 1994, 6 months before taking the Everton job. He also got relegated with Man City, taking them over in Feb 1998, but unable to stop their relegation to Division 2 three months later.

Was Joe Royle a bad manager for Everton, because of his previous relegation elsewhere, and his future relegation with Man City?

The point is, writing someone off just because 'they got relegated', or were 'unable to prevent relegation' is utter folly. Look at what is at their disposal. What they have to work with. Martinez traits as a manager would be enhanced at Everton; I think there's more chance of that than him dragging us into a relegation battle. In the same way Moyes won't be dragging Man Utd into finishing 5th.

Apparently tomorrow's Telegraph says the club are going to make an official approach to Malky Mackay, how reliable is the Telegraph? If it's true so much for Bill listening to the fans!

Who knows. The papers want to hurry things along, because speculation sells.Unlike Utd, we are not on the stock exchange, don't have a share price to worry about dropping, and thus have no need to hurry at all.

Looks like Moysey's recommendation is Malky Mackay, another Scot who played for the same team as Moyes. Mirrors the Ferguson recommendation story. I think he's a good choice.

Malky Mackay will be a joke and we'll be in the bottom half before you know it! My season ticket will be sold on a half it's cost if we get Mackay!

Looks like Moysey's recommendation is Malky Mackay, another Scot who played for the same team as Moyes. Mirrors the Ferguson recommendation story. I think he's a good choice.

Why? What has he done? What experience has got to keep a team challenging for a top six position in the Premier League and European football every season? He's never had to work on a budget. £10million he spent to gain promotion to the Premier League alone. Other managers who have done that on less have come to this league and failed miserably? Why is he different? Why should he be just handed a top job when has achieved nothing yet?

We're not some lowly team looking to sustain our position in the Premier League, we're up there with the big boys competing for Europe. Would any of the teams around us be thinking he's the best option for them if/when they lose their managers?

Why should we?

Martinez is close to Moyes too. Kenwright was at Wembley today. The Martinez to Everton links have been around as long as the Moyes to Utd links. No smoke without fire. Martinez in his ESPN interview after the match refused to guarantee he'd be at Wigan next season - something you'd think a cup-winning manager would do if he didn't have anything in the pipeline.

Martinez has Prem experience and has won something - I'd say even Kenwright & Moyes would note that gives him the edge over Mackay.

Mackay is just an easy name to link - flavour of the month (literally), just won promotion and Scottish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back